Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

solar supplies for the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunderchild

I'm thinking of setting up a solar system in england, who can I buy the stuff from, solar panels ecc. ?

sorry they booth seem like useless firstly I am looking for a company that will supply x number of panels and so on so that i can set up myself not someone that wants to come and do it for me, the first link looks like an american company anyhow,

I need something like jaycar but in the UK

thanks anyway

your website is soooo sloooooooowwww do something about it,
it dosn,t work either I can't get it in english,
by the way do your solar panels work by some miracle ?

yea I was told about them last night but wow 1000 £ for a 150 W panel are they kidding ? I'm not sure on postage cost but jaycar sells 120 w panels for 349 £ thats a big difference and probably going to make up for postage cost

I don't know of any company in the UK that sell/install solar panels but:
I can tell you that the correct selection of panels, inverter(s), installation isn't something easy.
I will never buy such equipment over the net.
I know what I'm talking about since I have 18 Sharp panels with a Fronius inverter for several years on my roof.
I've made an outdoor test system for solar panels (Sharp, Siemens, Kaneka, UniSolar) for the company I work for.

What about subsidy/grant in the UK??
I paid only 33.33% of my installation, rest was subsidy :):):)

Thunderchild,
The pound sign ('£') comes before the number not after, it's £1000 not 1000 £.

I thought you lived in Italy, are you thinking of relocating to the UK?

We can provide solar panel for 3.7US$ per watt. High efficiency and 25 years warranty. Usful for on grid and off grid.
For any questions please send me mail.

Thunderchild said:
your website is soooo sloooooooowwww do something about it,
it dosn,t work either I can't get it in english,
by the way do your solar panels work by some miracle ?
I thought that was a rather rude post.

The site is slow for me but not unusable (I spend a lot of time on Chinese sites and they are quite often very slow). I also managed to get it in English without a problem.

Oh and the solar panels work by light :p

fjqing8888 said:
... High efficiency...
Fact and figures please! Define "high" 50%, 60%, 90% what will it be??

fjqing8888 said:
... and 25 years warranty...
In case of damage or whatever other problem will you come over from china to solve the problem and/or replace the panels for free !??!

I thought 5% was good for a solar panel.

Their has been some major breakthrough with solar pannels. They have created a crystalline fluid that can absorb the entire spectrum of visible light, but they are having problems getting it into a crystalline structure for opimum efficency. They rated the efficentcy of about 80%

I couldnt think that it could be done, but thunderchild has a bigger signature then what I had!

Where's the rest of the video?
I hate it when they only include half of it!

Krumlink said:
Didn't you hear the "... ...could be... ..." at the start of the video.
Nano Solar is trying for almost several years now, so don't expect it tomorrow :D
I saw that video something like 5 years ago... ...
Former UniSolar now ECD Ovonics is already producing flexible thin film PV cells for several years but their efficiency can't beat cristalline PV cells (for now).

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back