Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Solar circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

innovationhut

Hi,

I am thinking to do a project on solar panels. For that I have chosen to charge a mobile phone. I found out that the phone require 8 w to charge and a maximum of 0.8 A current.

Up to now i figured this out:

I am thinking to get SOLAR PANEL which outputs 12 w energy. so in theory this solar panel must be able to charge the mobile phone.

PLEASE advice me are there any other considerations that I need to think about. Moreover, any start up circuit on solar panels will be a great help.

Thanks

It depends on the voltage required by the phone.

Normally, it's about 5V so at 0.8A, that's 4W.

You could select a solar panel which will output 6V at 0.8A given the amount of light in your area and use a low drop out regulator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back