Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

So How Fast is Your Internet Speed? Test here & Post!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My current ISP is upgrading the free (included in rent) 2Mb to 50Mb this week..
Now my speed is 2.44 down and 44.52 up.. lets see how the upgrade affects.

Yay. 50 Mb down and 25Mb up. For free..

I pay $10 per Gb through my cell phone. Speed varies with time tremediously, so it's pointless to measure. Worked fine for olympic games. Movies too. I also have a very slow dial-up (perhaps I'm the last on the planet who uses dial-up!), but it's unlimited (though $90/month for phone-line+dialup), and it's very reliable.

I pay $14.95 a month for 3Mb/s and phone combined. Unfortunately lately I rarely get 3Mb/s, it tends to be about 0.5 nowadays.

Got a very interesting result at my apartment in Boston. I just had the service upgraded, but the numbers seem a bit imbalanced :p

2014-05-06 23_02_18-Speedtest.net by Ookla - My Results.png

Anyway, usually the download speed is much higher than the upload speed. Apparently that is not the case here....

^^^Wires wrong way round Matt???

The Geniuses that upgraded you maybe made a mistake....like uhm...the Red goes there...and now where does that other wire go??
Ah...just put it anywhere....he won't notice :banghead::banghead:

Busted.

Regards,
tvtech

3486533354.png

About the same as two years ago.

That's only the speed of the router, not the speed of your internet connection :p

This is your Ethernet speed.

Gee, doesn't anybody read someone elses post completly before comenting on it? Look at my earlier post a little closer guys. I know that's only the speed of my router. That's why I circled it and wrote "I WISH" with an arrow pointing at it. My internet speed results are below that.

Gee, doesn't anybody read someone elses post completly before comenting on it? Look at my earlier post a little closer guys. I know that's only the speed of my router. That's why I circled it and wrote "I WISH" with an arrow pointing at it. My internet speed results are below that.

I took it as you saying the 100Mb/s was wrong. I can see it going either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back