Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sms antenna transmitter

SMS transmitter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rino66

I would like to send my advertising to walking by customers by using sms transmitter is anyone there could help me out?

As far as I'm aware you can't just randomly sent texts to unknown numbers?, and if you could, you'd soon find your teeth knocked down the back of your throat! :p

As far as I'm aware you can't just randomly sent texts to unknown numbers?, and if you could, you'd soon find your teeth knocked down the back of your throat! :p
that's correct but you might not be informed already is available in the USA..and is amazing ..

Basically is faster and directly reaching the customers already walking by your shop,instead of sending faxes and others obsolete technology

Bluetooth is very feasible but SMS would require knowing the cellphone (mobile phone) number.

Here in the UK it would be virtually impossible to do it via SMS .

Where in the world are you based ? Your technology and country laws may be very different to ours.

Where have you seen this targeted advertising in the USA - any links ?

Where in the world are you based ? Your technology and country laws may be very different to ours.

Where have you seen this targeted advertising in the USA - any links ?
I had a reply from a US company doing it but they told me not yet available in the country where i am now Thailand ..maybe soon..

If you are wanting to do something similar, design a device which looks for local Bluetooth devices, sends them a message then logs that the message has been sent (so you don't do it more than once).

Who were the US company doing this ? Any links to their products ? I'd be interested to see how they get around needing to know the number of the phone they are targeting.

Having had a quick read through that, it is a subscription service. The person with the phone contacts the company with their number (by SMS) who then put them on a database and send them targeted texts.

Nothing to do with close field texting or similar.

It is like Groupon. The recipient has given their mobile phone number to get the messages.

you would need a feed from the owner of the closest cell tower of all the phones in your area at any given time.... not likely to be inexpensive if it's legal. not likely to be legal, unless you are some government agency... if you were a government employee, and could get such information, using it for advertising would be unethical...... it would also be a form of spamming, which is not only unethical, but downright despicable, and as nigel said, likely to get your teeth relocated.....

It is like Groupon. The recipient has given their mobile phone number to get the messages.

indeed, used in our country ( Australia) for bushfire and other disaster alerts

Rino66 has obviously misunderstood the operation of the system

cheers
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back