Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SMD component

Status
Not open for further replies.

2PAC Mafia

Hi guys,

I´m looking for this SMD component, marked as AD04 MK. I couldn´t find the type of component but at board is marked as TH1 (thermistor?) and it was shorting me a unit between plus and minus. Could you help me to find it?

Attachments

• 1 IMG_20160926_140402.jpg
    1 IMG_20160926_140402.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 164
Thanks JimB.

If it´s a TVS shouldn´t be written TH1 at board. From one point it has sense because it´s between plus and minus but it´s 24V powered so it could be a TVS so should be around 36V (the one you marked is 5V) but from another point we have this TH1 at board. The good thing is that after discovered the short circuit on it and removed the component the unit is back to life.

OK, I was making some wild assumptions.
I thought that the supply to the board would be 5volts.
This idea was re-enforced by an "AD" component with an "04" in its part number which happened to be a 5v TVS.

I agree that the component designation TH1 is a bit strange for a TVS, but to understand why, we would have to get into the head of the guy who designed the thing.

As the component is across the 24v supply, it would make sense that it was either a capacitor or a transient suppressor of some kind.
As the board is now working, unless you can find some more info on "AD04 MK", I would be inclined to find a 30v (ish) Transient Suppressor, fit it to the board and call it fixed.

JimB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back