Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Smart strobe light

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possibly OP-AMP?

You can probably set up an OP-AMP to detect the high beat spikes, then have the output of this drive your strobe circuit maybe?

But Im no expert in audio stuff so I cant say for sure.

Yes, i was thinking some sort of microphone input, a low-pass filter (active most likely) to eliminate unwanted signal,...feed that to a comparator that you have configured for a minimum level (you dont want a quiet signal trigering it).
You then will take the compatator ouput to a one-shot circuit (555 timer?)(this will allow a long comparator output signal to flash the light, not keep it lit), then use that for the trigger to the strobe circuit. This is where i have no knowledge,...a strobe is going to need a high voltage setup i think.

but this is all off the top of my head

Mine was microprocessor controlled but I built it in 1984 not 2002.

The source code is on 8" floppies but it still works so that doesn't matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back