Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Singing with Harmony?

Status
Not open for further replies.

audioguru

Most Helpful Member
I must be old fashioned. I hear a song playing on the radio and I visualize the singer recording it over and over, each time adding some more harmony.
No, it is done today with software. The singer sings a song only one time and the software "sings" the harmony in the singer's own voice.
I found links to the software. They explain how it works and how it is made "realistic" and musical.

Of course, today the software also fixes the pitch errors of a singer's voice which is why most singers live cannot sing worth a damn.

Of course, today the software also fixes the pitch errors of a singer's voice which is why most singers live cannot sing worth a damn.
I'm glad you said most!!

I have just seen Lionel Ritchie!!! What a performance, 65 and his voice is still exactly the same.. There is no software on his stage... Having said that, there were about 50 thousand harmony singers!!!

Did anyone watch Live8 back in 2005? - where Dido sang duets with Youssou N'Dour she was no where near in tune, and sounded absolutely horrible - and Youssou kept looking at her like he couldn't believe it :D (neither could I, and I really like Dido).

The pretty face (a girl or a guy) reads the lyrics and the software sings the various pitches in the song. I think the software causes a delay so it cannot be used in a live concert.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back