Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

sine wave generator help

Status
Not open for further replies.

georgetwo

HI
I am about building my first pic16f628 based inverter as a school project,
I was told that using square wave generator for inverters will reduce the efficiency of that inverter. I also notice that square wave inverter does not work well with inductive loads like fans and it generates a huming sound
Please how can i write an oshonsoft program to generate a sine wave (or close) with pic16f628 or other pics?
Thanks for your help

Do you want good resolution? If not, use PORTB as an ADC output with 256 levels. Use a timer to shove a lookup table out of the port (you only need 127 values as each quarter cycle will be the same table!

Cheers Ian

If I get you right, I will then need a DAC to give me the output. I need two outputs to drive 3 mosfets each, can you give me a dac ic part number?

I would use an R2R ladder on PORTB for the sine wave (If your'e making an inverter, the sine wave can be smaller,less resolution, 4 bits ) this will give you 8 levels positive and 8 negative on two outputs. or you can just use an MCP4922 dual output dac. Why three mosfets on each output? The last inverter I made, I drove the coil with only 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back