Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simple transmitter and reciever schematic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why don't you buy 433MHZ transmitter and receiver. They're only about $8.50 a piece. Then use an encoder and decoder on the transmitter and receiver respectively.

If you build your own, you will probably be encountering problems w/ drift and what not.

Plus the transmitter and receiver are all surface mount, therefore extremely small.

http://www.rentron.com/index.html

Look under the rf remote control link, then find whatever transmitter will suit your needs. I think the one for $8.50 would be best though.
The place also sells encoders and decoders.

OR:
You could use infrared, like a TV remote. It would be cheaper.

Hi,

Thanks for the information. I think i've already been on that site, it's got alot of gadgets.

Their no fun in just buying. I want to learn as I build something I need. Hopefully, by seeing and building a working transmitter and reciever, I will be able to learn how they work, as well as have a neat gadget.

Thanks for the site, I might use that if I can't find the circuit.

D.J.

I using TX/RX 433 right now, but I've been looking for something like this too--it would be extremely useful. I don't care how long the band is.

I am using the same thing also in this project for my friend.
It only cost me $17.00 or a little more for the tx/rx.
I have used that for several projects of my own and other peoples.

One approach might be to build a simple transmitter for the AM broadcast band - and add an oscillator to it so that you transmit a tone when you push a button. There ought to be plenty of schematics available on-line or in hobby publications. Temporarily, the receiver can be any AM broadcast receiver. That way you can work on the transmit end until you are satisfied. Then move on to a simple receiver in similar fashion and add a 567 or similar tone decoder circuit. Doing both at once could prove to be frustrating - lack of success could be either one but you might not know which one. You could also do this at FM broadcast band frequencies. One caution - construction techniques matter more as the frequency goes up which might make the AM approach a little less troublesome.

Worth noting - there are a lot of educational kits out there for very little money, that result in a complete AM receiver (FM as well). Same thing for the transmit side. That might give you the learning you desire but eliminate some frustration - and the work of finding parts.

here is an easy way to transmit an audio tone. make yourself an oscillator and connect the output of it to an FM transmitter. Now make an FM receiver (I managed to pull this off on a superregen)

if you want LED output, then connect a stereo VU meter from talkingelectronics.com to the speaker output. You might need to increase the resistance.

longest range tx/ rx ?

i"ll like to know how or where can i get a longe range tx/ rx for a proyect that i need to make it must have a long range recepcion i just need to get a output voltaje on the receptor when i push a buttom on the transimter

please help me on this thanks

Long range is a relative term. You would need to define what you mean. Usually more range requires more power and possibly better antennas. Frequency, power, antenna and modes are generally regulated in all countries. My recommendation would be to understand those limits and work within them.

Re: longest range tx/ rx ?

TONITIJUANA said:
i"ll like to know how or where can i get a longe range tx/ rx for a proyect that i need to make it must have a long range recepcion i just need to get a output voltaje on the receptor when i push a buttom on the transimter

please help me on this thanks

Take an FM radio, and rip the speakers out of it. Take the wires that were attached to the speaker and connect them to the voltmeter.

As for the transmitter, you need to be more specific. If you are using a standard FM radio, you will need to transmit between 88Mhz and 108Mhz.

How far do you intend to transmit? and are you licensed enough to transmit that far?

hi all! I am william from norway! I will be very thankfull if some one can tell me where i can get a full detailed instruction with schematics and parts list about how to transmit and receive audio in the fm band in a range above/about 0.5 km. or if you some sort of instruction, would you please take time to send me it? :)

williamhelstad@yahoo.no

Hi,
Can any body design a circuit to detect over and under voltage ( AC 230V ) using LM3914 IC. I have the design idea which get help . We can use the AC voltage variatin ( 200 - 270 AC ) to input pin No. 5 of the LM3914 and can detect the output from pins 1 and 9 to 18. Leave the lowest and highest output pins and bridge the other outputs with a 1N4007 to a single output to activate a SCR. Lm 3914 should wired as a dot generator.
Thank you.

Hi,
Can any body design a circuit to detect over and under voltage ( AC 230V ) using LM3914 IC. I have the design idea which get help . We can use the AC voltage variatin ( 200 - 270 AC ) to input pin No. 5 of the LM3914 and can detect the output from pins 1 and 9 to 18. Leave the lowest and highest output pins and bridge the other outputs with a 1N4007 to a single output to activate a SCR. Lm 3914 should wired as a dot generator.
Thank you.

you need to start a new thread !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back