Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simple PNP switching problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
bananasiong said:
So, to switch a PNP with the supply of 12V, I need to add a NPN with its collector to the base of the PNP, its base to microcontroller through a resistor, and its emitter to GND. Am I right?

Check this page in my tutorials!

bananasiong said:
So, to switch a PNP with the supply of 12V, I need to add a NPN with its collector to the base of the PNP, its base to microcontroller through a resistor, and its emitter to GND. Am I right?
No.
You forgot a resistor beween the collector of the NPN to the base of the PNP to limit the current. Without the resistor then both the NPN and PNP transistors would blow up!

You also forgot to add a resistor from base to emitter of the PNP to turn it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back