Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simple Lie Detector

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about the analog meter.Is there any substitution for that.Please post your replies at the earliest.Because i need to do this for my project.

about electrodes

hi, :D
]i want to say that ur project is simply amazing.I would like to do this project and in this regard i'd need ur help about electrodes... can they be simple wires if so, if we connect those wires to the hands of the subject..is there any shock to the subject?? if it does what r the precaution to avoid shock. plz rpl early so that i can do the project
thanks u once again...

Re: about electrodes

nemalipuripraveen said:
hi, :D
]i want to say that ur project is simply amazing.I would like to do this project and in this regard i'd need ur help about electrodes... can they be simple wires if so, if we connect those wires to the hands of the subject..is there any shock to the subject?? if it does what r the precaution to avoid shock. plz rpl early so that i can do the project
thanks u once again...
electrode contacts are availabe at medical lab: supplies , that make good contact with skin

there is 0-1mA analog panel meter for $10.95 part #01MAO-1 at https://www.elexp.com/tst_mamo.htm, where were they for $5.??

this is a GSR meter, very neat thing.. the electrodes are usually attached to the index and middle finger, i have been looking for the velco ones with the wires attached and a plug..they can be made out of stainless steal washers, if it is possable to solder a copper wire in them..Hmmm i dont recall if you can solder stainless.?? and wrap velcro around them snugly on your fingers. i have an elestac wrist strap with quater size crome domed buttons, but i dont reall like it. i have a program for the PC where you move an image like a ballon across a picture and land it on a target by changing specific Brainwave levels to move it horozontally and vertically without thinking about it.

If anyone is familure with Scientology, and i am NOT recomending them or their practaces to anyone, they have a special magoc meter where they have you hold to cylendars and they "Condition" with it ..it is a GSR meter.
I used GSR in Behavior Modification Classes, Alcohol Addiction and Anger Management.

the comercial units have a (+) or (-) pezio sound option where it buzzes when your hit your target level or stops buzzing, set with a moveable red line.

i need to locate plans for a meter that reads the electrical impulses of the muscles, to make a meter that indicates when you are unconsciously vocalizing when you are reading.. you can increase your Words pr Minute by a factor of 500% to over 800% by hearing the beep when you think of the word and unconsciously vocalize it.. it is a very useful tool when teaching children to read. i forget what it is called.

electrodes are electrical conductors, which are a metal or plated with a metal that doesnt corode or tarnish from the salt in the skin/although you couls polish something with some wet and dry sand paper each time. you might try soldering the lead wires on a plated tack and bending over the pin part after pushing it thru the velcro then bending it over to hold it in place. thevelcro is a piece about 1.5X longer than it takes to wrap around a finger/fury side up with a 1/2 in piece of the hoop side glued or sewn on top of one end to lock it down. try it on index and middle finger

the GSR meter measures how much electricity is conducted between the electrodes, in this case it is actually how much sweat is present which contains salt, more sweat=more salt which is a conductor of the electricity flowing form one of the conductors/electrodes to the other, that is why there is battery in the unit, it supplies the current which is read by the meter.

this is a really fun thing at parties.. you ask an embarising question for which the embarising answer will result in a higher reading.. proving it true. when one gets emotional the sweat glands release salt increasng the flow of electricity between the electrodes.

the trick is to keep them calm till you put the question to them.

I posted this variation of the lie detector here.
Here is a functionally identical circuit that uses a single 9V battery. I added a 1k resistor in series with the pot to limit the maximum current, but it won't affect operation substantially.
As was noted above, you can use almost any small-signal transistor, such as the ubiquitous 2N3904.

Attachments

• lie_mod_208.png
    lie_mod_208.png
    3.6 KB · Views: 1,523
Last edited by a moderator:
It should also be noted that In doing this kind of testing, The person should ask a number of easy questions, getting Correct answers and resulting in "No needle movement".

Such as:
What is the persons name?
What is your age?

Also get the person to purposely lie on a few sample questions.

This somewhat helps Eliminate False readings from the person Just being Scared.

This circuit has been around for many years. I think at least 30 years in a "popular electronics magazine" or simular type magazine.

And Meters with Greater Sensitivity than 0 to 1 mA can be used, resuling in Greater variation on lies. Such as a 100 uA Meter.

also changing transistor to PNP and reversing polarity of C1, M1 and battery will convert it to truth detector :wink:

panic mode said:
also changing transistor to PNP and reversing polarity of C1, M1 and battery will convert it to truth detector :wink:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

When you tell the truth, sweat (moisture and salt) gets sucked back into your sweat glands. I'm told that, if you are ever caught in a thunderstorm, you should recite every truth you know. This will increase your skin resistance and make you immune to lightning. Unless it's raining.

Ron H said:
panic mode said:

When you tell the truth, sweat (moisture and salt) gets sucked back into your sweat glands. I'm told that, if you are ever caught in a thunderstorm, you should recite every truth you know. This will increase your skin resistance and make you immune to lightning. Unless it's raining.

Maybe that's why golfers always get struck on the fairway....too busy lying about the drive... :lol:

theinfamousbob said:
Ron H said:
panic mode said:

Maybe that's why golfers always get struck on the fairway....too busy lying about the drive... :lol:
:lol: :lol:

plz help i didnt understand where the wire join to the r2 risisteor :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Re: Details of Parts

nikhil_nrao said:
please give me a substitution for the transistor :D
You can use any general purpose, small-signal NPN. I would use 2N3904, but there are many other suitable transistors available.

ElectroMaster said:
Here's a simple lie detector that can be built in a few minutes, but can be incredibly useful when you want to know if someone is really telling you the truth. It is not as sophisticated as the ones the professionals use, but it works. It works by measuring skin resistance, which goes down when you lie.

lie_detector.gif

How can I connect the transimpedance amplifier (attached) to the circuit above so the reading can be done with more ease?

Attachments

• transimpedance_opamp.gif
    transimpedance_opamp.gif
    1.3 KB · Views: 743
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back