Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.
Resource icon

Simple interrupts on the 8051 2014-01-29

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian Rogers

User Extraordinaire
Forum Supporter
Most Helpful Member
Ian Rogers submitted a new article:

Simple interrupts on the 8051 - Interrupts on 8051

Following on from the Simple Interrupts on the mid range PIC's found here..
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/articles/simple-interrupts-on-mid-range-pics.640/
(Notice the title change )

I have done the similar article on the humble 8051... I've kept it generic so the code will work on every variation...

So you can get started there is an IDE that I use as a test bed.. Its quite a good IDE / Simulator or the 8051.. you can download it here.....

Read more about this article...

Thanks Ian, I have only just started with the 8051, and ARM.
It might be old but the 8051 is really nice to work with. A tip for anyone looking at 8051 dev boards, have at look at Silicon Labs, last year they took over energy micro, we have a couple of there boards here.
The 8051 boards are pretty cheap and all come with the kiel compiler FREE!
its the full version no limitation's, no idea how long the deal will be on. Whenj you get the boards there is a cd with key on it.
you install the compiler and register with the key, kiel then send you a activation code for the full jobby.
Havnt used it much yet, but so far its been easier to grasp than C18. Also the compiler can be used with other IDE's like ATTOL (yuk) and IAR

Nice one, I have just started learning 8051 ( I am more of a arduino lover) but till I found your article extremely easy to understand,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back