Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

simple heartbeat monitor!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenybio

ok i hav given dis project on which i have to built a simple heartbeat monitor with three components..battery resistor and electret....it says, these three components in series makes a heartbeat monitor..but i m not sure...
need help on it!!!
tnxxx KK

Stick the battery into the heart, if it bobbles about then it's working.

Mike.
P.S. A bit more info would be useful.

lol ahaha i tried it...
well its juss a simple heartbeat monitor..abt the signals..we hav to use oscilloscope to demonstrate...
so basically i need a circuit diagram of heartbeat monitor with these three components...i duno if dis helps...

I would guess that wiring the battery, microphone, resistor and some monitoring device in series would work. Do you have access to an oscilloscope?

Mike.

Simple acoustic pickup with a basic electret microphone circuit. Lots of background noise, but should give a visible pulse on your scope.

Ken

Sorry about the spelling of "oscolliscope".

Attachments

• HeartbeatMonitor.gif
    HeartbeatMonitor.gif
    5.8 KB · Views: 603
Good find? :mad: I "designed" that one!

Ken :D

Pommie,

Only kidding. Though I drew it up, I've seen the basic electret mic circuit many, many times, so it's hardly "my" design. kenybio's parts list just fell into place. Only thing he was not given was the usual DC-blocking capacitor on the output, so I threw in the AC-Coupling on the o'scope.

Ken

guyss am here afta long time by now..i read all ur posts towards it and dey r really help full..who ever said abt capacitor..yes to avoid noise from body u can use that...so KEN...the circuit u gave me shloud work now..i will try it butt i just wanna ask one question..That electret mic u put in the circuit...do u know any specified electret or i can use ny of it..i m askin dis coz dis is my firsttime working wid an electret so yea....and YES i m allowed to use oscilloscope...so thats not a problem...
Tnk u guys again...
hardly appriciate...

one more question...to block DC coupling...i hav 2 put a capacitor...but where shld i put that??..in series wid that resistor in ur atteched circuit???? can pllzz re draw it with capacitor??

kenybio,

The capacitor (C1) is add in the attached schematic. I didn't put in a value for it...you'll have to try different values and see how they affect the output signal. If you use electrolytic capacitors, the (+) goes toward the mic.

For a bit of mechanical amplification, you can make your own stethoscope head for the mic.

Ken

Attachments

• HeartbeatMonitor1.gif
    HeartbeatMonitor1.gif
    11.9 KB · Views: 908
ohh well tats reali helpfull..well i will try sooner n let u know if it works or not!!!!...
nywayz tnxx again!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back