Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simple AM Radio Receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.
My another version of MW receiver with an old look. There you can see the strange big remotely tuned loop antenna for DX listening. A worthy construction!

Packed inside my first DMM case which burned out while experimenting with high voltage! I'm proud to give him an extra life through singing and entertaining me;)

Only use it for hearing to dramas..:p

Attachments

• IMG0033A.jpg
    IMG0033A.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 643
  • IMG0034A.jpg
    IMG0034A.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 595
  • IMG0035A.jpg
    IMG0035A.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 629
Here's some pics of a MW/SW superheterodyne receiver I built some years before with an odd look :D. Please note the SW fine tuning lever on the front end.

I think I made it little complicated..

Works great!

Attachments

• IMG0030A.jpg
    IMG0030A.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 594
  • IMG0031A.jpg
    IMG0031A.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 640
  • IMG0029A.jpg
    IMG0029A.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 646
Hello,

If you mean a BF199 then I think they are almost identical HF transistors. Sometimes back I tried for it with no luck(rare?). A few HF transistors might without changing the biasing I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back