Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Signal converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

LERMACHINE

Hello all. I have a question. I am currently putting together a RCR SLC for a customer of mine. The transmission is out of a ford gt and uses a standard ford speed sensor which I believe is an inductive style. Now the gauge cluster unit we are using is a DD2 pro+ which uses a Hall effect sensor for speed indication. My question is, is there a circuit that would convert the inductive signal to replicate the Hall effect signal? I would like to utilize the speed sensor in the transmission so I can keep this as factory as possible. I'm aware that an inductive speed sensor produces a sine wave with voltage that can rise up to 20v. The Hall effect sensor with the dash unit is based off of a 5v supply. Thank you in advance for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back