Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Show us your hobby workbench

Status
Not open for further replies.
For JimB

Is that an FRG77 I see on your bench???????????

My Lab - What a mess....

Attachments

• lab.jpg
    lab.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 741
:shock: As weird as it sounds...I cant wait until my work area looks like that...
Do you really need all of that equipment?

There are 3 osciloscopes there.And a hole lot of do hickys.

Loks like a lot of you guys have an whole room filled whith equpment.

It all gets used. My wife allowed me to take over the spare bedroom. I turned it into a lab.

Good times!!

I think the device tucked away behind the suitcase in the upper right is an old valve 'scope too... That makes 4 :)

Actually, there are 5 in that picture, which includes the VERY old 5MHz Kinight scope at the top.

lol, i have hardly got anything like that!!! im gunna get loads of stuff when i'm older and move into a house of my own, my mum doesnt like me "cluttering" my room with things like that (its sooo small)
all i have is a soldering iron, solder, a stripboard or 3 and A FEW componets (resistors, capacitors, 3 diodes ect)
getting this cd-rom for the pc, its a gcse electronics disk, it has all the things you need to know for the test, and a program where you can design your on circuits and it tells you where the errors are, i think thats going to be my workbench :D lol

The trouble with owning lots of expensive test equipment is it can also be expensive to maintain. If you're one of those who likes all his equipment to be properly calibrated all the time, you can find yourself forking out hundreds of pounds regularly!

I recently had to send my DSO off to Tektronix for repair as the unit has developed a slight fault, and it's costing me over £650 for the privellage!

Brian

madmikejt12 said:
all i have is a soldering iron, solder, a stripboard or 3 and A FEW componets (resistors, capacitors, 3 diodes ect)

We all started off like that, over 40 years ago in my case. Just build the stuff up over the years.

And yes, mothers can be a bit of a nag!

JimB

When I first started it was like that except I had a soldering iron but no solder and didn't know that you needed it. Then I found out when I went over my first robotics book.

I would show my lab if it was done but it isn't

Plus need to get camera repaired

Here are pictures of my "lab", and my supplies. I read this forum with my soldering iron in one hand, and my $5 automotive-store bought digital multimeter on my lap. That's the generic of an old Friends episode showing on TV.

Attachments

• parts_box.jpg
    parts_box.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 593
  • bboards.jpg
    bboards.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 619
I started off with a soldering iron and some basic tools too. I was living at home with the parents at the time, and they hated mess. They hated it if I took over the dining room table to use as a temporary Electronics lab, and they hated it even more after I dropped my soldering iron onto the carpet :-/

Brian

I was very young when I started out with electronics, so much so that my parents wouldn't let me get a soldering iron for a while as it was too dangerous :shock: :lol: . I never had anything work on breadboard, mainly because I didn't understand what the ground was, nor dual polarity supplies. Its only the last year where i've been learning electronics at college that its clicked and now I can build a fair many projects online successfully.

I dont have a workbench.

Being an student I have a reading table so when I'm not studing then I turn my reading table into my workbench, and dont have much of the equipment you guys have. when I have to check my project i take it to my college and check there.

I hope that someday I'll buy all the equipment and build a lab in my home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back