1. Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.
    Dismiss Notice

Shocked from a tranformer

Discussion in 'Electronic Projects Design/Ideas/Reviews' started by goofeedad, Aug 8, 2009.

1. Nigel Goodwin

Nigel Goodwin Super Moderator Most Helpful Member

It's just a load of rubbish, the council want to save money - claiming H&S issues is just an excuse.

Sky's own installers claim they can't go in roof spaces to feed cables through, saying it's an H&S issue - in reality, it's because they don't want claims for ceiling damage which their insurers wouldn't cover.

I've done an H&S course this year, still waiting for my certificate to arrive, but almost everything you hear about it is totally untrue.

2. Ghosty_Ghoul

Ghosty_Ghoul New Member

There should be a law against making excuses like that.

3. giftiger_wunsch

giftiger_wunsch New Member

Reminds me of the infamous case where a burglar was awarded a few hundred thousand because a roof tile dislodged and made him fall from the roof of the house of which he was trying to climb into an upper floor window. :D Not sure how true that actually is, but I heard a rumour :p

4. dave

Dave New Member

5. be80be

be80be Well-Known Member

I had to pay burglar that got bite by my dog he took me to court after he got out of jail my home owner insurance paid $10.000 for him getting bite

Last edited: Aug 13, 2009
  6. tcmtech

tcmtech Well-Known Member Most Helpful Member

They dont get that far around here. Unmarked graves in plowed fields are impossible to find! ;)

7. giftiger_wunsch

giftiger_wunsch New Member

:D I don't know about impossible. Was that a confession by the way? :p