Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Server Down: Hard Drive Failure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here as well. These features don't work. Clearly there are still issues stemming from the crash.

Hi EM

I know you are already quite busy with getting everything in order. I just wanted to know how long it could take for the attachments to be accessible again. Please let me know. Thanks.

Regards
PG

Oh yes! Gracias EM!

I too hope the attachments issue can be fixed ASAP. It's strange that some people now seem able to post attachments successfully but others (me included) can't?

Hi EM

I know you are already quite busy with getting everything in order. I just wanted to know how long it could take for the attachments to be accessible again. Please let me know. Thanks.

Regards
PG

I too hope the attachments issue can be fixed ASAP. It's strange that some people now seem able to post attachments successfully but others (me included) can't?

Hi

I'm able to upload new attachments without any problem. Actually I was concerned about accessing (already uploaded) old attachments in my threads.

Regards
PG

Actually I was concerned about accessing (already uploaded) old attachments in my threads.

Would it be more favorable to you, EM, If we repaired the articles and uploads ourselves.... I don't want to upset the loading of images?

Hi Guys,

You all should be able to upload new images. I've just attempted to correct the permissions.

With regards to existing images that are not showing, Yes you can replace them or re-upload them. It won't affect the process when I attempt to fix them in bulk.

Regards,
EM

PS I'm still working on things and will give you updates when I can. Thanks!

Last edited:
Keep up the good work EM.
It would affect the process when I attempt to fix them in bulk.
In that case shouldn't we defer re-uploading images previously posted?

Thank you, EM.

But I don't have any of those uploaded images and without those images most of my threads are useless. Are you saying that it won't be possible for you to fix the existing images problem? I can happily wait if it takes some time. Please do let me know. I'm quite worried about this. Thanks a lot.

Regards
PG

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply, Alec.

As far as I know the WayBackMachine doesn't keep copies of the uploads. It does keep old PDF files for some popular sites.

Regards
PG

@EM
You all should be able to upload new images.
Well I uploaded a file succesfully in one thread but I still can't upload in the 'Help with water pump' thread. So something still broken with permissions/folders/upload-limits??

Uploads now working for me. Thanks EM!

Sorry that was a typo. Should have read "It won't affect the process when I attempt to fix them in bulk."

Hi EM

I just wanted to know that how long it could take you to fix that existing images problem. I'm still not able to access any (or, most of them) of the existing images in my threads uploaded before the crash and needed access to some of them. But it's okay if it would some more days. Thank you.

Regards
PG

Hi EM

I just wanted to know that how long it could take you to fix that existing images problem. I'm still not able to access any (or, most of them) of the existing images in my threads uploaded before the crash and needed access to some of them. But it's okay if it would some more days. Thank you.

Regards
PG

They're not going to just re-appear. You need to re-upload them yourself.

At least that's what I gathered. All of the attachments in my article which I uploaded before the drive failure were lost, and I just re-uploaded them yesterday. If you removed them from your computer, there may not be any way to get them back, unless you can find them on an archive site, like the waybackmachine.

DerStrom is correct.

What's missing at the moment is unrecoverable from my end. It's attachments that from January, 2012 to December 2012. I've started to contact members with a list of specific blogs and articles which have missing files and requesting that they re-upload. I will be doing the same for forum posts in the next day or so. But if you wish, you can do this without waiting for the email from myself.

It is a very regrettable situation. And to prevent such a thing happening again I've setup a new backup system that automatically synchronizes all files to a remote location every night. This wont happen again!

Regards,
EM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back