Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Searching while working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord_Nikon

Hello everyone!

I'm a young punk in his mid twenties. I loved my job, but it seems that things aren't going too hot for the company and people are being laid off and/or quitting as a result. I can tell that one day it will be me who gets the boot. Anyway, I need yall's advice. How do I go about looking for a new job while working my current job? Obviously apply to jobs and all, but what I'm looking for is how to take time from work while not looking suspicious. I DO NOT want my supervisor to find out as I believe this will result in a sooner firing/"letting go" for me.

How have any of you scheduled interviews? Did you do it during lunch breaks? Call in sick for a day or two? Also, how long did it take you to find your new job?

On another note, how easy is it to switch industries? I've only had this job for a year or so and it's my first out of college so I'm still new to my engineering career. I'd like to change focus to embedded systems. I'd like to work as a EE in any of the following areas: IoT, Telecom, Computer harware (PCI adapters, Storage, etc...). Kind of broad interests I know. Hopefully in the next few weeks I can narrow down to what I really really want to do. They all just seem so interesting to me. I have the issue of being a Jack of All Trades, Master of None.... which sucks in engineering cause I'm not really effective/useful at times. Really mediocre.

Anyway, all advice is appreciated! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back