Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SD Card data logging

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColinE

Before I reinvent the wheel, has anybody had success using an SD card to store raw data (no filing system)?

I'm using an 18F6622 and just want to spool data on and off a standard (non-HC) SD card in blocks of about 1MB stored with starting points 4MB apart.

Thanks to anybody who can point me in the right direction.

I started to convert microbasic's MMC code onto Oshonsoft but I gave up... Vladimir doesn't give enough linear memory to create the buffers.

I ended up with the open source logger "Openlog"

Dead easy to use and connects to the RS232 port...

Basically I gaveup on Oshonsoft after the socalled updates are long gone past and it seems oshonsoft is dead in the water so I went into the Duinomite only to find that went down the same path. Now I got the DEV board today for those modules and got to take a look at the code mod's these small modules are purfect for a SDcard data logger and so much more.

SDCard onboard with a pic32 as the brains and an easy Basic interpreter for easy coding. Also I can give a hint too, that help file system I made years ago is coming to life in a grand fashion too for that module.

All the more reason for wanting to use a micro for a data logger is to use a system thats cheap and ready to go with plenty of support if needed.

Regards Bryan

Thanks.

It's on the PCB so has to be done, even if I end up writing it in assembler.

Local storage wasn't on the original specification, but there was space on the PCB and spare pins on the PIC, so I slapped down a SD socket.
Now the customer wants to use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back