Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Samsung HPT4254 HP-T4254X/XAA Power Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

julian734

Hello All,
I have a Samsung HTP4254 plasma with the common no power issue. I have narrowed it down to 2 mosfets and a fuse on the power board. I can remove the 2 mosfets (QX801,QX802)and get them locally at an electronics specialty shop but I cannot make out the writing on the fuse to identify it because it is blown in half(see pic). Does anyone have experience with this particular power board or have the information I need to get a generic replacements for these components (the fuse in particular)?

Thanks in advance- Joe

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

I found this.....

Preher-Tech Blog: Samsung HPT4254 No power, Repaired.

It has part# and place to buy them. The fuse is #803. They didn't say much about the rating?

I saw that site but the fuse on that repair looks like a regular buss fuse. The one I need (pictured above) is a tiny surface mounted component. I actually don't know if its a fuse. I am assuming so because it blew off the board when the tv went out. Thanks for the help though Killivolt!

yeah I saw that but they are replacing a regular buss fuse. What I need is a tiny surface mounted fuse(pictured above "DX803"). Actually I'm not even sure it's a fuse. I assume it is because it blew out with a loud pop. Thanks for the info though!

I did find other sites with the Pico fuse that was out. However, the rating was again not listed nor was a part # given. My thoughts are if your were to go to this site maybe they are aware or know the part # you need or maybe they have the rating. It will be a good idea to replace caps. Use the contact information and see if they have something more that will assist you.

If you haven't you should at least check the ones they have suggested. Samsung is notorious for bad caps. They get them from a dealer who uses poor mixtures of dielectric. They will dry out or just leak and explode. Just as a pre-caution.

I did find other sites with the Pico fuse that was out. However, the rating was again not listed nor was a part # given. My thoughts are if your were to go to this site maybe they are aware or know the part # you need or maybe they have the rating. It will be a good idea to replace caps. Use the contact information and see if they have something more that will assist you.

If you haven't you should at least check the ones they have suggested. Samsung is notorious for bad caps. They get them from a dealer who uses poor mixtures of dielectric. They will dry out or just leak and explode. Just as a pre-caution.

I emailed him. Hopefully he can help, Thanks.

I emailed him. Hopefully he can help, Thanks.

The # 803 is significant. I mean that their nomenclature could represent the fuse as DX or TX or what ever. But, 803 is relevant to fuse. I find that to be the case in anything relating to inductors, transformers etc. Basically it's a fuse.

Edit: In this case I believed that the manufacture'r intended to have 803 as a significant number and was just a place holder. Yes, DX is a Diode and RX is a resistor. Now we know and for my benefit.

Edit: Edit: I own a Samsung. So, happy at this moment. I can't believe it. My LCD will thank you for this post.

Last edited:
Credit to John Preher @ Preher-tech.com for the following email and pic that I believe will get the job done for me!

Hello Joe,

DX803 is a diode, a dual diode with common cathodes. You will want to replace DX803, RX802, RX833, RX804, DX804, RX805, RX803 and RX832.

RX802, RX803, RX832 and RX833= 20 ohms

RX804 and RX805= 10k ohm

DX803 and DX804= 1SS184T5LFT

I attached a photo of a repair I just did on one of these.
**broken link removed**

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Ok, standing corrected. 803 means nothing and information is king.

I'm glad you found your way. Please post your findings.

Good luck, kv

Edit: Wow that was fast. DX is Diode and RX is resistor.

Edit: Edit: The quality of this picture is better and obviously I have been out of the repair business far to long. 10yrs ago I would have caught that fumble.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back