Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Safely securing a battery contact in a box mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hostilehitman

Sorry for using links to the images. They're too large to upload here.

I have an iPV4S mod and one of the battery contacts pops out whenever slight pressure is applied to it, as seen here: i.imgur.com/aUsdLg8.jpg
Here's a view from inside: i.imgur.com/NAuGI8E.jpg
It's easy to pop it back in place as shown here: i.imgur.com/PF1EahM.jpg

Although it's easy to put back in place, putting the battery in just pushes it right back out. I need a way to permanently secure it but super glue is too weak. I thought about using epoxy but I'm not sure which brand is safe for electronics, if any. I don't want this thing taking off my hand in an explosion so I'm trying to be safe. If epoxy is the way to go can anyone recommend a specific product to use? Perhaps there's an even better way? Thank you for any advice y'all can give!

They're too large to upload here.
You can resize them with any graphics editing software and post them here using the 'Upload a file' button..
Welcome to ETO.

Does this metallic strip slip over the two, plastic "fingers?"

upload_2017-7-31_7-4-10.png

Does the negative end have a spring contact? If not, I would consider adding one. Or, you could add a small spring (e.g., crimp it) to the metallic strip that is larger than the slot. I do not think a hard setting adhesive will work. If mechanical changes do not work, then I would consider a strong, but soft setting adhesive like hot-melt, but I suspect that would not be very permanent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back