Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RX-2 RC toy chip

Status
Not open for further replies.

minigmh

Hi All,
I found a wrecked RC airplane, brought it home and mapped out the circuit board. It has a RX-2 IC on it, which I found lots of info about on the net. The resistor across OSC1 and OSC2 is 330K. Do any of you know if that would correspond to a 49MHz toy or a 29MHz toy? It would be neat to find a chart of resistor values vs. frequency received.

I am not familiar with the "RX2", but a few minutes of googling tells me that the RX2 chip does not define the radio frequency, there is a separate receiver circuit.

The OSC1 and OSC2 seem to set a frequency associated with the controls, not the radio frequency.

I am prepared to be proved wrong, but at the moment I am sure that I am right.

JimB

I think you're right, Jim. The left half of the circuit board is mostly RF stuff, and the right half of the board is mostly an H-bridge for driving the motors. The RF part makes use of 5 pins on the IC: One is for the processed signal input, and the other four go to two op-amps used for signal cleaning and conversion to pure digital. Therefore, I will conclude that the OSC1 and OSC2 pins are unrelated to RF reception. So... I guess the 330K resistor tells the chip what "baud rate" to expect of the input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back