Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Rubber tracks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there

I'm builing a heavy duty robot, and need some rubber tracks for it. I've searched the Internet, but can't find distrubutors of small rubber tracks (also for privates). Do you know any websites with prices that sells them (about 1.0-1.5 meters long, max 0.2m width)?

I just need the tracks, not motors, gears and stuff.
The treads on superdroidrobots.com aren't that expensive.
2 feet 4" Wide Tread $124, but I was looking for a more heavy type

True that- depending on the terrain, consider a chain track instead of rubber- you get less slipping between the driving wheels and the track. In fact, you don't get any.

They just replaced a very long on at work a month ago, a little different from what you are looking for, or what I was thinking last post. Wish I could have gotten it though. Most of it was in fair shape, just spliced a few times. Really tough stuff, more then 12 year of abuse. Can't believe they just threw it in the dumpster.

Maybe you can get luck and find something used like that. They use to let me take stuff home, if I catch it before hand. Usually they do this stuff on weekends now, and the parts, material, and equipment gets buried before hear about it.

Supercharger belts ("Blowers") are also cogged. Also, there are hobbyist's who build model earth moving equipment. I saw a remarkable D3 bulldozer a year or two ago. You might check some of the appropriate hobby sites. Unfortunately, I don't know of any off-hand. John

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back