Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RTC DS1307 Backup battery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Rogers,
Thanks for the reply

I identified a problem with my I2CRead() subroutine, but it is working. please see below I2C Read() subroutine

Code:
void I2Cread(){
		for(i=0;i<8;i++){
        I2CStart();
		I2CSend(0xD0);							/* Send slave address with write */ /* Send address for dummy write operation *//* this address is actually where we are going to read from */					       						       
        I2CSend(0x00);							/* Send a repeated start, after a dummy write to start reading */
        I2CRestart();
        I2CSend(0xD1);							/* send slave address with read bit set */

I2CData[i] = I2CRead();			/* read a byte */								/* ACK if its not the last byte to read */             	 

}
		 	I2CStop();							/* Send stop */
}

In the above code the FOR loop is placing in wrong place, but it is working

and see below codes. I put for loop in correct location,but it does not working
Code:
void I2Cread(){

I2CStart();
		I2CSend(0xD0);							/* Send slave address with write */ /* Send address for dummy write operation *//* this address is actually where we are going to read from */					       						       
        I2CSend(0x00);							/* Send a repeated start, after a dummy write to start reading */
        I2CRestart();
        I2CSend(0xD1);							/* send slave address with read bit set */

for(i=0;i<8;i++) {
      			I2CData[i] = I2CRead();			/* read a byte */								/* ACK if its not the last byte to read */             	 

}
		 	I2CStop();							/* Send stop */
}

Please advice
Thanks in advance

Last edited:
I did that for you a few posts back.... The read function MUST reply to the DS1307 If you send an ACK the data will keep comming... You send a NACK to stop reading SEE POST #7

Code:
void I2Cread()
	{
        I2CStart();
		I2CSend(0xD0); /* Send slave address with write */ /* Send address for dummy write operation *//* this address is actually where we are going to read from */					       						       
        I2CSend(0x00); /* Send a repeated start, after a dummy write to start reading */
        I2CRestart();
        I2CSend(0xD1); /* send slave address with read bit set */

for(i=0;i<7;i++) 
			{
      			I2CData[i] = I2CRead(); /* read a byte */ /* ACK if its not the last byte to read */             	 
 				I2CAck();
        	}
		I2CData[i] = I2CRead();	
		I2CNak();
	 	I2CStop(); /* Send stop */
	}

This works

Dear Rogers,

My next step is to add three switch to the cct for adjust the time. Therefore I added three micro switch to PORTB pin 4,5,6 and ground each via 47Ω resister. Could you please advice nest steps

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
47Ω resister

5 / 47 = 100mA No no no... Micro's can't source that.... Try 470Ω +.. It will survive better.

The next step is to write a key read function that will read, debounce and acknowledge a key press...

Hi guys I have the same problem.... When Mains power is removed ..... & given back again , the time gets resetted... So please help me............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back