Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RSS feed slow/not updating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torben

Has anybody else had trouble with the RSS feed not updating itself? My other feeds are updating OK but suddenly (since the upgrade, I think) I have to manually update it.

I'm using Firefox 3 and Ubuntu 8.04.

Torben

Hey,

Turns out that it's a FireFox setting (browser.bookmarks.livemark_refresh_seconds in about:config, for anyone interested). I don't know why my other feeds appeared to be updating normally; perhaps just because I don't check them as often.

Torben

Hey,

Turns out that it's a FireFox setting (browser.bookmarks.livemark_refresh_seconds in about:config, for anyone interested). I don't know why my other feeds appeared to be updating normally; perhaps just because I don't check them as often.

Torben

. . .I love replying to myself.

Turns out that this was *not* the problem. The feed still has to be manually updated; my other feeds do not. Not sure if this is a forum thing or a FireFox 3 RC thing.

Anybody else notice this?

TOrben

I had the same problem, I thought it was either due to the Firefox 3 RC3 or something to do with the transfer of this forum to a new server, which is when I noticed the problem.

Al of my other live bookmarks worked as normal and in the end I just replaced it with a normal bookmark to "today's posts" instead.

The release version of Firefox 3 should be available sometime today, so I may try adding the live bookmark again to see if it works.

Thanks for the reply! Too bad we don't have any answers for each other, but at least now I know I'm not barking mad.

Torben

I have given up on it. I do not know how current it should be but I just checked and the newest post is 47 minutes old.

Yeah, I think I'll either A) give up, or B) write a Greasemonkey script to handle it. Depends on how my other projects go today. :)

Torben

Well, that seems to have fixed the issue, at least for me.

Thanks Electro!

Torben

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back