Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RS "Deca" door intercom phones, free for cost of postage (UK)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjenkinsgb

Most Helpful Member
Hi all,
I don't know if these are of any use, but rather than throw them away -

Two unused door entry phone handsets, the indoor units, RS 225-3256 (no longer listed) still in their original boxes.
Free to anyone who wants them, for the cost of postage. They weigh 400g each boxed so just under 1Kg the pair packed.

The datasheet shows they are supposed to work with an amplifier module (which i have never had or seen), so they would need additional parts unless you already have a compatible system.

These are not conventional phones but for a hard-wired intercom system. They have only two buttons. They are suitable for free standing or wall mounted fitting.

RS_Deca.jpg

With more time working through the junk collection equipment archive, I've found the outdoor unit to go with these. Again, it's unused.
The "key" for the security screws is a bit corroded, but the unit itself appear to be perfect. It's approximately 200 x 90 x 30mm.

As previously, free for the cost of postage or it goes to the tip in a few days.

See the extra photos below.

Intercom_3.jpg

Intercom_4.jpg

I would be interested in that outdoor unit. Would be great for project casing and such. Are you still willing to get rid of it? I'm in the U.S.

Ok, the problems is the cost of international postage. I've just checked it on a comparison site and for 750g, which is about what it would weigh when packed, the lowest possible cost is £21 which converts to $29...
Plus there may be import charges (though I would mark it as no commercial value).
It seems a lot just for a box.

Ok, the problems is the cost of international postage. I've just checked it on a comparison site and for 750g, which is about what it would weigh when packed, the lowest possible cost is £21 which converts to $29...
Plus there may be import charges (though I would mark it as no commercial value).
It seems a lot just for a box.
NOOOOOO I WANT THAT BOX!!!!
Just joking, worth a shot. Thank you for offering it anyway. ( :

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back