Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Robotis hand I need some information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parth86

I need some information about robotics hand. I want to know how does finger and thumb make for ROBOTIC hand.
I mean This is hard part for me, I have attached Image

1)which mechanical and electronic components are used to make thumbs and four finger ?
2) If anyone know about any link or thread please share

Attachments

• proto2-748700-300x270.jpg
    proto2-748700-300x270.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 298
There are several techniques used today depending on the application of the robotics.
  • Micro motors in each joint (research projects)
  • Pulley systems using wires (high load applications)
  • Electronic muscles (high speed applications, still a lot of research going on here)
A Google search on bionic robotics well provide a lot of books and articles on the subject.

The hand in the picture looks like some sort of pulley system.

How much torque you need at each joint.
How fast joints must rotate.
Strength of available materials.
What prime movers (motors) are available to you.
Budget.
Weight of components.
What will power the hand.
Skills needed to construct parts.

How much torque you need at each joint.
How fast joints must rotate.
Strength of available materials.
What prime movers (motors) are available to you.
Budget.
Weight of components.
What will power the hand.
Skills needed to construct parts.
I think you are talking about motors but If I want to design robotics hand with pulley then what. can i use motors with pulley

I wasn't talking about motors specifically. You asked "what basic things we should know?"

As for motors and pulleys, what motors do you have available? What is their spec? Will you want increased mechanical advantage by using multi-pulley blocks? We can't make any particular recommendations until we have some more information to work from.

You also need to know your range of motion, and how strong the grip must be.
Its like asking how to make a car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back