Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ROBOTICINFO

Status
Not open for further replies.
MARINE1142 said:
Hey did roboticinfo ever post the pic of his robot?
NO. He builds like two pre week but I never seen one (except one in television but that doesn't count). Maybe he should take a photo of one, so we can Admire him... :lol:

I was just wondering because I read he we was going to post one in like 3 days then it got moved back due to finals and I was wondering where we were at. Just looking forward to seeing one.

Sorry about that but I am working on my shed and I am not going to build is robot until I have time.

He doesn't want to pay for labor so I can take as long as I like but he complains everyday saying when you going to get my crap done.

Plus I just bought a new tool and need to try it out.

Most likely I will finish it with my new tool.

I think I might but not sure if I have time next week on thursday
plus I am going to wait for my friend to get back on his trip so I can use his camera.

Sorry guys but I have been really busy trying to get the shed done on time.

Plus it is costing me $$$ to keep paying for my brothers help, but I get it done quicker so it is worth it I guess.

You can see me on the internet when I was on tv.

If you want to see it ask me but not forget it because I really don't like showing it.

Plus the robot was almost out of battery so it didn't do so well.

I lost the compatition because my batterys were almost dead.

I didn't take care of the battery my partner did, so don't say anything.

Jay.slovak said:
MARINE1142 said:
Hey did roboticinfo ever post the pic of his robot?
NO. He builds like two pre week but I never seen one (except one in television but that doesn't count). Maybe he should take a photo of one, so we can Admire him... :lol:

I haven't built a robot since march and that was the robot compatition.

I have quit until my shed is done

The latest robot will be my friends robot when I get time to finish it.

What is the new tool you got? How big a shed are you building and what kind of equipment are you going to have in there? Can you share some details about the design and equipment inside?

MARINE1142 said:
What is the new tool you got? How big a shed are you building and what kind of equipment are you going to have in there? Can you share some details about the design and equipment inside?

Sure I would love to

this shed is going to be a 15'x25' shed and has a underground storage which is about 3 feet under not much.

The new tool is a even bigger table saw then I have now, This thing is so much better then my old table saw. I have about $15,000 worth of tools going in there plus $2,000 to $3,000 dollars worth of electronic tools.
I am still paying for all of these payments monthly and god is it expensive.
In order to have an online business you need the good stuff.
The best thing about the shed will be the automated componet grabber.
It is basicly a griper that is on a pole that can move up and down on the pole and the pole its self go's left and right. It will be both speech recognition and computerized. After that I will try to get back on my computer controled mill which I am still designing today.
I have been paying my employees $30.00 dollars an hour and plus my brother for helping me out.

The shed will be done in 6 months if the timeline go's to plan which hopefully will.

I have spent my college money on this shed and tools so I could have a good online business.

That should answer most of it

if any other question
just post it up and I will be glad to answer it for you.
:wink:

WOW!

Wow! How old are you? You must be the richest bul, sorry, richest guy I know. Thats really cool! A component grabber with speech recognition?? Cool - do you tell it which direction to go in or what? Surely it would be easier to use a remote? I've never seen one of these - can you tell me where I can get one or can you give me the plans? Cheers dude!

Robotic Misinfo

PS Sorry I'm on your black list - is that really bad? ARRRGH! I just realised you might send one of your R2D2 like robots after me....! Please don't.

Re: WOW!

roboticmisinfo said:
Wow! How old are you? You must be the richest bul, sorry, richest guy I know. Thats really cool! A component grabber with speech recognition?? Cool - do you tell it which direction to go in or what? Surely it would be easier to use a remote? I've never seen one of these - can you tell me where I can get one or can you give me the plans? Cheers dude!

Robotic Misinfo

PS Sorry I'm on your black list - is that really bad? ARRRGH! I just realised you might send one of your R2D2 like robots after me....! Please don't.

This is going to be built from scratch and you cant by it, also you call the part number and it go's and gets the part it's self and take it to the soldering area.

I don't consider me rich, I told you that I spent my college money to pay for most of the stuff and I will bee 16 in august.

Sorry, I thought those things were for speedy batch PCB building - silly me! Can you show me your designs for it? I fancy having a go at making one myself. Then maybe I could ask it to fetch me some money from your house, as you seem to have everybody elses share. So how do you give it speech recognition? Sounds really complex - if you are clever enough to make it then please show me the plans as I'd be genuinely interested.

Robotic MisInfo

Spech recognition can run on a PC but if the microphone is picking up noise it dosent work too well.

You can get apps from the net that let you controle your PC by voice but it dosent work that well.

Yes I imagine it would work with the right software & a mic, but still you would have to spend loads of time programming the software to tell the component grabber where to get certain bits for certain commands.... plus it would be very costly, and I'm sure by the time you finished messing about switching on the PC, setting it up, getting it to recognise your voice, etc, it would have been much easier and quicker to pick the components up with your fingers (earth strap around wrist) and put them where you want them?? - Plus you would have to have a long (rail/ arm????) to be able to reach all of the components. Then again, I know nothing, I am only speculating, - not speaking from experience. Anyway please post the plans - I'm still interested. Has anyone else got a component grabber? I thought they were generally used in factories rather than a tool shed in your back yard? Oh I'm sorry I forgot - it's a Hi-Tech tool shed!

Bleat

You yust have to have an encoder so the PC knows the positin of the arm.You then just have the cordinates of each box.All you have to have then is a database what is in what box.

Voice recogniton is not that complicated.In Visual Basic you have an ActiveX component for recognising voice (That takes care of the complicated stuff).

roboticmisinfo said:
Yes I imagine it would work with the right software & a mic, but still you would have to spend loads of time programming the software to tell the component grabber where to get certain bits for certain commands.... plus it would be very costly, and I'm sure by the time you finished messing about switching on the PC, setting it up, getting it to recognise your voice, etc, it would have been much easier and quicker to pick the components up with your fingers (earth strap around wrist) and put them where you want them?? - Plus you would have to have a long (rail/ arm????) to be able to reach all of the components. Then again, I know nothing, I am only speculating, - not speaking from experience. Anyway please post the plans - I'm still interested. Has anyone else got a component grabber? I thought they were generally used in factories rather than a tool shed in your back yard? Oh I'm sorry I forgot - it's a Hi-Tech tool shed!

Bleat

Sorry but I am not going to post up anything on this, this is for my business and I am not going to reaveal my special tools, I might show you them but I am not going to post up anything. So far I have spent $23,000 for everything including tools and elec. My college fund is $30,000
and my parents were not happy when I said I want to spend my college fund on starting an online business. I was allowed cause they consider it as my money and I have the choice todo what ever I want todo with it so I am going to start an online business.

I will be having many other tools that will be complex but I am not going to reveal them. My lab is going todo everything and I am just going to sit back and relax. That is all I am going to reveal and other information will not be posted.

Sorry it is business

I'm surprised that you are actually revealling some stuff to the public. :shock:

And college at 15 doesn't make sense to me unless you are special (you know more than most people a few years older than you).

Now this means an online shop should be placed on your website, and hopefully, you can recover some of those expenses.

I want to know why someone who has a $23,000 workshop and tooling, multiple robots and a large library of robotic books does not own a camera?

you must be a lucky 15 year old, because when I was 15, I hardly had any electronic parts (maybe a few resistors, capacitors and transistors, thats about it), and I had an old computer then with no money.

Congratulations for now, but if this is a loan, you should consider paying some of it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back