Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF Transmitter/Receiver Distance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats a very good point.
If you can position the 'whip' above or below the tank.

I have redesigned the PCB to accept a 1/4 wave whip or a folded dipole. I will secure the antenna of choice to the component labeled "Ant".
PCBMoistureCircuit.jpg
1) When I try the folded dipole, how long should the length labeled "X" be?
Folded Dipole.jpg

2) Should 10 gauge copper wire work for making the folded whip?

**broken link removed**

Unlikely that your transmitter will accommodate loads from 70Ω (simple dipole) to 300Ω (folded dipole) without adjustment (or a matching section).

Put it another way: a transmitter designed to match a 50Ω antenna will be ok with a 70Ω dipole, but much less so trying to drive a 300Ω folded dipole.

Last edited:
I think it would still work, however the above is correct the impedance would make the range pants, unless you had a matching transformer or in this case an un/un which is getting silly, Nige's comments were spot on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back