1. Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.
    Dismiss Notice

RF module

Discussion in 'Radio and Communications' started by victorgozan, Jun 3, 2016.

1. victorgozan

victorgozan New Member

Hi, I have RF module and HT12E and HT12E in my project. I know that I can send 4-bit data from a microcontroller with the 4 data pins of the encoder connected to the microcontroller. The question I have is this, is it possible to send a byte with HT12E encoder and the same received at the other end of the receiver HT12D and microcontroller.
    Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

2. ronsimpson

ronsimpson Well-Known Member Most Helpful Member

I don't see how. You could sent two (4 bits) but you will need some "smarts" to send and to receive.

3. Kerim

Kerim Member

This may be done by using two pairs if the data is transmitted via infrared (IR) transmission medium (via RF, it is better using 2 different carriers). In this case, each pair should have its own 8-bit address.

Kerim

4. dave

Dave New Member

5. Nigel Goodwin

Nigel Goodwin Super Moderator Most Helpful Member

You don't need the HT12's, simply encode what you need in the microcontroller, and feed the RF modules directly.

HT12's aren't designed to be used with microcontrollers, but as standalone remote controls.