Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Reward a fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a pair of very fine needle nose pliers,
Hi Llama... Me too , but i lent them to my manager at the time:eek: ( I had 22 managers over 9 years ! ) .... when asked for there return , he denied he had them :mad:, so I never saw them again. But ! I did leave work (18y ago) with all my 'works' tools including a nice pair of Lindstrom side cutters , some MM's and a scope ... win some loose some...

I have a colleague like that. My side cutters went missing and he denied all knowledge. About a week after I got a replacement set sorted out, I was doing a job with him and borrowed "his" cutters, complete with my initials written on the side...

Sounds like you came out on top in the end! :D

I have had a Vernier caliper micrometer for 45 years. No one has ever borrowed it.
They have asked to borrow a micrometer. Then they say "Oh... well... never mind..."

Vernier caliper.jpg

Last edited:
I have had a Vernier caliper micrometer for 45 years.

That's what we used in high shcool. Once into the trades(die maker) it's amazing how many trained people can't read them. Or today even a dial caliper, if it doesn't have a digital read out they're lost. :(

Funny things happen. I had visited to southern tip of India. There I asked a shopper that i need a folding knife. I meant fold-able pencil sharpener.
To clarify his doubt , I like to use for pencil mending. He offered a pencil rotary sharpener. My actual need was to slice fruits. The seller refused to sell.

Later I was informed by some locals there that folding knife is used for murdering. I could not but laugh.
here is the item that i wanted to buy.

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back