Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

REVERSE ENGINEERING ARCHIVE and OTHERS

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacIntoshCZ

Hello i am curius if there is some website with lot of reverse engineered schematics?
I just found reverse engineered DS1052 -> http://rigol.codenaschen.de/index.php/Schematics.
DSO138 schematics
GM328a transistor tester / LCR meter
sch2.png

Hameg HM8018 LCR meter
lot of stuff here
Curve tracer
SWR 100W meter
Get the complete files from http://dl6gl.de/
SWRMeter-leaded-Schematic.bmp

refernce designs digikey
NANOVNA vector analyzer
TINYSA

Last edited:
it depends on what you are looking for... reverse engineering a schematic is a time consuming process, and i wouldn't expect that somebody would spend all that time and effort for free... if the item is in current production the reverse engineering of it's schematics might violate patent or copyright laws as well.

reverse engineering usually requires at minimum, an ohmmeter and paper (preferably some type of wire-list form that's easy to use) and lots of patience. i once did this with a small guitar amplifier that didn't have a service manual available. fortunately this one was on single-sided board so most connections could be traced easily. double layer boards aren't too difficult either. but multi-layer boards must be done with an ohmmeter exclusively. starting with the power supplies and grounds, you make wire lists for each by tracing where they go and marking the parts and pin number on the parts they go to. i assign pin numbers for resistors and caps on a board by looking at the top of the board and using a N-S, E-W arrangement with the top of the board as "north" all north or west facing terminals are "1", and all south or east facing terminals are "2" for semiconductors i use their standard pin designations, A and K for diodes, EBC or DSG for transistors, and the standard pin numbering on ICs. i make a separate list of all the components and their pins, and cross each pin off the list as it's added to the wire list.

Last edited:
it depends on what you are looking for... reverse engineering a schematic is a time consuming process, and i wouldn't expect that somebody would spend all that time and effort for free... if the item is in current production the reverse engineering of it's schematics might violate patent or copyright laws as well.
Back in time, when tesla company existed in CZ(before 1989; they produced measuring instruments), they attached schematics for every instrument they made.
As i am no design enginner i would like to see it. BTW i am "electrical designer" - google translated that for me. I am designing cables, circuit breakers switchboards, lighting calculations in buildings .... Not much fun indeed =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back