Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Request for datasheet of Diode GV267

Status
Not open for further replies.

manojsoorya

Hi all
Where can I get the datasheet of GV267 diode. Its showing open in both direction. Its a Sharp -notevision LCD Projector power supply part.

Regards
Manoj Soorya

Thank you for your reply brother.
IMG-20210217-WA0004.jpeg
IMG-20210217-WA0004.jpeg

A picture might help ?

Woww through hole! After the 26 is that a manufacturers logo ? can you picture it too ?
Have you got the service manual or a schematic ?

Last edited:
That rather depends on what kind of diode it it - not all diodes will read on a meter.

Do you have any idea what it does?, and how did you come to suspect it?.

Hi Master

I check the diode with a zener diode tester, its shows an open diode. Not conduct with voltage. If Anode is possive, no voltage is at cathod in the range of 1.5 volt to 56 v DC.
1. Its not a zener diode, no action detect as a zener diode - may be its open.
2. Its not a normal diode, no action detect as normal diode.

It used in the high voltage section, in the high voltage lap section. I trace the PCB and think its just like to get a feed back when projector lamp light up.
The problem of the projector is that when turn on the projector, all fuction are ok, but turn automatically after a few seconds.

Regards
Manoj Soorya

Hi Master

I check the diode with a zener diode tester, its shows an open diode. Not conduct with voltage. If Anode is possive, no voltage is at cathod in the range of 1.5 volt to 56 v DC.
1. Its not a zener diode, no action detect as a zener diode - may be its open.
2. Its not a normal diode, no action detect as normal diode.

Possibly a high voltage avalanche diode of some kind?, to detect the lamp is working properly?. 56V sounds like it could be far too low to test it with.

It used in the high voltage section, in the high voltage lap section. I trace the PCB and think its just like to get a feed back when projector lamp light up.
The problem of the projector is that when turn on the projector, all fuction are ok, but turn automatically after a few seconds.

I presume you've changed the lamp?.

Edit: I seem to have a vague recollection that Sharp projectors require the lamp changing after so many years use, even if it's not faulty - we supplied a couple of them to customers years ago, and I seem to recall they had to be sent back to Sharp to have the lamps replaced?, and the lamp timer reset.

Possibly a high voltage avalanche diode of some kind?, to detect the lamp is working properly?. 56V sounds like it could be far too low to test it with.

Hi Master

But this diode does not show any of the advantages that a diode should have. Why would that be? Shouldn't any diode show its basic properties ???

I presume you've changed the lamp?.

Not yet changed the lamp.

Let me know how to reset the lamp timer???

Regards

Hi Master

But this diode does not show any of the advantages that a diode should have. Why would that be? Shouldn't any diode show its basic properties ???

Not yet changed the lamp.

Let me know how to reset the lamp timer???

Regards

I've no idea, the service policy was to return them to Sharp. Have you tried googling the model number (which you've never mentioned).

Because you haven't tested it properly?.

I presume you're just randomly testing components (or trying to), with no sort of fault finding? - this rarely provides a cure.

I seem to have a vague recollection that Sharp projectors require the lamp changing after so many years use, even if it's not faulty

The projector working last two years without any problem. Only problem detects as it fuse blown and MOV burned. I changed the faulty parts and projector works. But the problem remain continued....

I need to identify the diode and changed, maybe it would be work

Google doesn't find any hits on that number, so it's probably an in-house number, so would need to be sourced direct from Sharp - assuming they would even supply parts.

I was a Sharp Service Agent - but Projectors were entirely separate, and no access to spares or information was available.

Hi all....

Get the service manual and its not a diode. Its a SIDAC...

So I think I can repair the projector.

Thanks for your valuable reply to help me out.

Thank you so much.... And this thread closed.

Attachments

• xr10xl.pdf
    22.7 MB · Views: 200
Hi all....

Get the service manual and its not a diode. Its a SIDAC...

So I think I can repair the projector.

Thanks for your valuable reply to help me out.

Thank you so much.... And this thread closed.
Mystery is it's not mentioned in your attached manual but if your happy I sure am :)

Mystery is it's not mentioned in your attached manual but if your happy I sure am :)
Hi
Ohhh... Sorry.. I forget to mention that.

The GV267 Is working.. Not fault.
Fault is with the cooling fan. Q1721 the driver for the cooling fan, faulty and may work the projector when I changed. Waiting for the part from the local store near by me.

Thank you all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back