Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Reputation???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marks256 said:
Hey, ron has two bright green ones now.
Just think - with that and a couple of bucks, I can get cup of coffee at Starbucks.:D
EDIT: No sarcasm intended - I just want to keep it in proper perspective.;)

Roff said:
OK, but I had helped LOTS of people on this forum, with very few reps. I guess this thread brought awareness about some of us who who had been neglected.;)
Also, though, there was obviously a lot of indiscriminate experimenting going on. I had attributed my sudden reputation jump to that, but it had to be from someone who had a lot of rep power. You just gave me a big hint, I think.:D

I tend not to give rep very often, because of the weight it carries (you have the same problem now) - the most recent ones, which I considered of outstanding help to people (far above and beyond the call of duty) where yourself and Audioguru. Who both spend far more time helping people than others (myself included), but I spend a lot of time 'behind the scenes' now, limiting my time for posting - so that's my excuse :D

Nigel Goodwin said:
I tend not to give rep very often, because of the weight it carries (you have the same problem now) - the most recent ones, which I considered of outstanding help to people (far above and beyond the call of duty) where yourself and Audioguru. Who both spend far more time helping people than others (myself included), but I spend a lot of time 'behind the scenes' now, limiting my time for posting - so that's my excuse :D

THat way when you do help someone it seems more grandeous rather than just being "Oh, it's just Nigel helping someone else again, like usual. *Yawn*"

dknguyen said:
THat way when you do help someone it seems more grandeous rather than just being "Oh, it's just Nigel helping someone else again, like usual. *Yawn*"
:D
[filler]

Pommie said:
There's an easy way to fix that.

Mike.
I tried that but it won't let me rep the same person more than once.:(

robotstilkskin said:
you knwo how a country has a same language,., well thats forms jimmy buffets

reputaion or rebuttle,.., he was working with someone,., and was like made up the word re put ation,., like say somethin gthat makes you think of my countiunnce

but now it means lik ehows the fame of my company

Your posts are giving me a headache. And I'm sure you're well on your way to the quickest ban ever!

I don't think I have ever seen anyone get 2 red squares so fast:D I wish Roff, Audio, Nigel and others would negitive rep him. I want to see if there are bright RED squares:D

Andy1845c said:
I don't think I have ever seen anyone get 2 red squares so fast:D I wish Roff, Audio, Nigel and others would negitive rep him. I want to see if there are bright RED squares:D

Me too, I wonder how far spewy can sink before a ban.

The only person who I would give a negative rep is the moderator on another website's forums.
But he isn't online much anymore so maybe he will disappear.

From a web site touting the wonders of Dylsexia:
Dyslexic people are visual, multi-dimensional thinkers. We are intuitive and highly creative, and excel at hands-on learning. Because we think in pictures, it is sometimes hard for us to understand letters, numbers, symbols, and written words.
Maybe if this guy would stick to posting pictures, we could understand him. And think of all the thousands of misspelled words we wouldn't have to try to decipher!:D

I can't see the point in the rep system I you know who is good and who is bad after you've been around awhile by the help tand posts they make

can I suggest that when somebody leaves a rep they HAVE to comment it as to why and their name appears. its nice to know who thought good of you and only fair to know who dissagrees with you but hasn't the guts to do so publicly

I "think" I left comments. But I don't know how to attach my name, just include it in my text?.

well what I'm getting at is it be automatic that the username is left you people being nasty have no way out but be exposed, also if your giving rep you must have an opinion to back it up so it should be mandatory to comment as well else no name no comment no rep giving (bad or good) taken into consideration

Thunderchild said:
can I suggest that when somebody leaves a rep they HAVE to comment it as to why and their name appears. its nice to know who thought good of you and only fair to know who dissagrees with you but hasn't the guts to do so publicly

I agree. Its annoying when some prick takes stabs at you for no apparent reason! but on the other hand, i'm probably richer, smarter, and better looking than he/she is, so I just ignore it from now on.

blueroomelectronics said:
Your posts are giving me a headache. And I'm sure you're well on your way to the quickest ban ever!
Where's he gone?

He seems to have deleted the post you were quoting?

audioguru said:
The only person who I would give a negative rep is the moderator on another website's forums.
But he isn't online much anymore so maybe he will disappear.
I hope so, may be then Electronics Lab might improve enough for me to returen.

shaneshane was the impostor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back