Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Reputation???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yello
What's this reputation thing?
Where do you see what it is?
Can you get your backside kicked off the forum if people don't like what you say?
I've been known to be controversial from time to time, but I like this forum.
My wife don't though. But I have many things to still ask you brainy chaps, just wait, I just need to get round to everything.
I still want to tap your brains on stirling power engines, PIC development, wifi networking - I can't get that bloody wifi nic and this wifi router to see eye to eye, and lots more.
So think about it, okay.
I'm currently to immersed in alternative fuel (ethanol) to do much else, well except running a business, studying electrical eng. (what a fool I am), raising a 2.61002 year old girl and 3.004 month old boy, and getting rid of this bloody lung infection.
On top of that, I want to build a 10 cylinder stirling engine and 380V AC generator, but am not getting round to it.
Do I sound frantic, no, don't worry, nobody is frantic around here.
Just in a hurry to get to bed, otherwise my wife is gonna turn of my bedside lamp, do you know how bad that is........
Say no more, good night

dknguyen, I've always liked your avatars. In the top 1 here (IMHO) .

So Arrie, what is wrong with leaning EE? And why bring this old thread back up?

If you post and help people your rep will go up if they choose to bump it. Easier than calculating your kids age to some increment. Not sure why your wife does not like reading here?

Anyway, you talk stirling, wifi and PICS. I bet you can get answers here on most of that (not the lung issue, but you never know; you have insurance?). Try Alternate Energy on the Stirling Engine, Microcontrollers for the PIC and ****-chat for the router/wifi problems.

Thanks guys.

I did not mean to bring skeletons back to life, just wondering about the rep thing.
And a lot about my post was for a bit of comic relief.
What's wrong with studying EE, I'm no spring chicken anymore, and man it's tough, takes a lot of time to figure out math I've done soooo very long ago. Other than that, there's nothing wrong with it, just bloody difficult.
My wife does'nt like it because it means I'm spending more time with the PC going through threads than with her and the kids(I'm not really into baby-sitting, but enjoy them non the less).
The hottest topic in alternative energy at this point must be about fuel, that's where our priority lies, I believe.
So basically I can ignore reputation ratings?

Hi,
There's nothing to worry about the reputation rating. When I feel the post is helpful, I'll just give the poster +ve rating.

BTW, what do you mean by turning off the bedside lamp? I don't get it..

hi arrie,

gonna turn of my bedside lamp

Are you sure its not ESKOM who's turning off the bedside lamp...:D

Last edited:
good one eric
and at the most opportune time, we did not have electricity from 11:30 till 18:00, and then the water only came back on after 18:30. Eish...kom
Double bummer for us, where we stay, no elect. means no water, it's pumped from the bowels of the earth.

bananasiong, you're not married are you?
Lets just say I will not get a good morning kiss the next morning.....
in other words... she's peed off at me.

lung Infection

getting rid of this bloody lung infection.

I have had lung infections with my COPD (Cardio Obstructive Pulmonary disease)

I will in most cases use an antibiotic with Colloidal Silver. You can find good ones that are very small particles I like one called (sovereign hydrocsol) or you can get some that is (nano) look it up on the net.

**broken link removed** might be a good one too.

Good luck. I personally have had good experience with it. I also personally know a lady with west nile who cured the infection after 2 rounds of in-effective treatment of antibiotics alone could not treat. 3 day and six ounce's later she went hunting in the mountains.

Last edited:
Thanks killivolt.
I'm still a bit scared about taking in anything that has silver attached.
Here in SA some blokes started selling water treatment systems that used some active silver method of killing bacteria, people loved it.
Until some of the customers started losing some of their colour. Yip, skin colour actually turned gray, no way of reversing that by-effect.
I'm starting to blame my lpg gas heater for not getting over this lung thing.
The bloody heater stinks like crazy when using it.
Maybe someone have experienced something similar.

Thanks killivolt.
Here in SA some blokes started selling water treatment systems that used some active silver method of killing bacteria, people loved it.
Until some of the customers started losing some of their colour. Yip, skin colour actually turned gray, no way of reversing that by-effect.

A condition known as Argyria. One must be careful on how much silver they ingest. Unless you want to work for the Blue Man Group ;)

Quantity and size.

A condition known as Argyria. One must be careful on how much silver they ingest. Unless you want to work for the Blue Man Group ;)

Here in the United States 980mg is maximum level per day. And the critical issue is physical size of that particle and the consistency through out the water. Only distilled water and it must be process with just distilled water and electricity no additives. A simple process but a complex product. I have had mine tested by a laboratory for the actual size as well as mg content to verify the sellers product. Plus be careful applying to the skinthe skin a sponge will retain something like that so limit exposure to the skin causing the gray effect. It can be used sparingly and for limited time in specific area's on the skin. I have treated my Granddaughter diaper rash and the stuff is amazing to say the least.

Last edited:
Thanks killivolt.

Are you using it inside ? How are you getting fresh air ?

Here in the United States 980mg is maximum level per day. And the critical issue is physical size of that particle and the consistency through out the water. Only distilled water and it must be process with just distilled water and electricity no additives. A simple process but a complex product. I have had mine tested by a laboratory for the actual size as well as mg content to verify the sellers product. Plus be careful applying to the skinthe skin a sponge will retain something like that so limit exposure to the skin causing the gray effect. It can be used sparingly and for limited time in specific area's on the skin. I have treated my Granddaughter diaper rash and the stuff is amazing to say the least.

Colloidal Silver: Risk Without Benefit

Systemic argyria associated with ingestion of colloidal silver

If you can smell it, then (a) combustion isn't correct AND (b) it isn't vented properly.

Or, the heat exchanger is very dirty (dust?).

Yeah, anti hype there is alot known about the graying effect. My Uncle used this stuff for over 20yrs. No graying or blue to his skin in addition his consumption also exceeded the (980mg) funny no graying either.

I have met several people using similar dosages but you don't take a bath in it (Ok) that's the problem. Idiots think somehow more is better ? You can over dose on water if you want. Changing your ph balance and reducing electrolytes it will kill you too. But try to live without it ?

It's all about knowing what is and what is not. The debate is still raging and people are still dead from the Bacteria resistant strains which are a major contributor to premature death of a common cold. Bacteria cannot develop a mutation around the way silver kills infection not to be mistaken for (virus's) common misconception only fungus or bacteria respond to this stuff Virus's don't kill you it's the secondary infections that do. Not a cure of anything and not a treatment for everything either.

Knowledge is power but don't believe it just because they have a PHD. They are smart but they are also a well programmed machines of medicine the same machines who used experimental medications on me. A physician in Rome in some cases may have been more successful at treating an infection than our Hospitals in the 21st century.

A staff infection in a surgical unit may just kill you. The problem is systemic as it continues to mutate we are finding that same infection outside of the Hospitals now and will see it spread to other locations ,daycare's, middle schools, high schools, colleges. Even the local gym.

To the end that there are no death's related to argyria anyway you see one or two people who apply this stuff to their skin in huge doses and suddenly anyone who uses it will turn blue (rubbish) they are just stupid and have not educated themselves in it's use and misuse.

I have used it almost everyday for over 5 years. Argyria begins appearing in the nail bed as a bluish color I still have not developed any discoloration at all. I compare them to people who don't use it all. I do this all the time.

I can print anything and be able to argue both sides equal or site from both sides of the argument off the Internet. But when I am about to die from an infection (who) the doctor that handed me my last experimental medication and (who) looked me in the face to say (sorry) there is no more I can do.

I now have become cynical about the medical community. They are no longer (gods) they are people just like you and me. Believe what you want to believe but test all things to be true or not true for yourself. No (right) or (wrong) but rather what works or does not work.

Fear is a killer and is equal to stupidity.

Last edited:
Sorry, I've missed some posts here, interesting info.
Maybe my ventilation is a bit under, but I think the units are not that great.
Did a bit of research, they say the units must burn very quietly, but both my units are quite audible. The one unit's flame at the bottom jumps from time to time, so I think I got the stick end when buying these gas heaters.
The gas used locally are called handygas, it's a combo of propane, butane and propylene. The biggest supplier of this type of gas promotes it as a clean burning gas, but do recommend adequate ventilation. As I'm working in my garage, with very chilly temps, two very small windows that does not help ventilation, my only other option is to raise the garage door 20 to 30 cm, but that would defeat the object of wanting to put a heater on. I've stopped using the heaters at all now, so I'm rattling on my chair now.
Another interesting thing for me was the claim of a clean burning gas, whereas overseas resource claims some levels of nitrogen dioxide, i think, and carbon monoxide from burning lpg.
A lot of resource also recommended not using this type of gas for anyone having lung and heart problems, I've ignored that statement, as I classify in the first category.
Using electrical heaters are out of the question for me, and we are again staring between 14% and 34% electricity increase in the eye.
Killivolt, I'll keep that silver nano advice in mind, but with my rather delicate system, I'll rather see if I survive or not.

Sorry, I've missed some posts here, interesting info.
Maybe my ventilation is a bit under, but I think the units are not that great.
Did a bit of research, they say the units must burn very quietly, but both my units are quite audible. The one unit's flame at the bottom jumps from time to time, so I think I got the stick end when buying these gas heaters.
The gas used locally are called handygas, it's a combo of propane, butane and propylene. The biggest supplier of this type of gas promotes it as a clean burning gas, but do recommend adequate ventilation. As I'm working in my garage, with very chilly temps, two very small windows that does not help ventilation, my only other option is to raise the garage door 20 to 30 cm, but that would defeat the object of wanting to put a heater on. I've stopped using the heaters at all now, so I'm rattling on my chair now.
Another interesting thing for me was the claim of a clean burning gas, whereas overseas resource claims some levels of nitrogen dioxide, i think, and carbon monoxide from burning lpg.
A lot of resource also recommended not using this type of gas for anyone having lung and heart problems, I've ignored that statement, as I classify in the first category.
Using electrical heaters are out of the question for me, and we are again staring between 14% and 34% electricity increase in the eye.
Killivolt, I'll keep that silver nano advice in mind, but with my rather delicate system, I'll rather see if I survive or not.

Now that I have a better understanding about the control on the ventilation.
You do have to refresh the air more frequently by raising the door will bring in air. Cold air which rises or have an alternate source to remove air crack a window higher than what is coming in circulating it. I don't feel it would be good to be out there everyday with it. Just a recommendation get that lung infection taken care of first. If you have that ability.

Thanks.
I've tried the two small windows, which are sort of midway(top to bottom) in the wall. This helped zip.
I still believe the heater is not functioning as it should, have already exchanged one at the supplier just after buying it.
But for now, I'm finished with gas heating, except if outside, which according to me is a useless concept.
Will be getting a nebulizer tomorrow, and that will be my new breathing appendage, salty sea water and combivent steam. Ahhhhhh, like a holiday on an island.
I feel relaxed already.

Thanks.
I've tried the two small windows, which are sort of midway(top to bottom) in the wall. This helped zip.
I still believe the heater is not functioning as it should, have already exchanged one at the supplier just after buying it.
But for now, I'm finished with gas heating, except if outside, which according to me is a useless concept.
Will be getting a nebulizer tomorrow, and that will be my new breathing appendage, salty sea water and combivent steam. Ahhhhhh, like a holiday on an island.
I feel relaxed already.

Awesome, looking forward to hearing good things. The flame will also produce the appearance of either good burn or bad burn. Orange tint bad if referring to (Natural Gas) bright blue is good. I don't know about the combo fuel your using. See if you can get more info about what to look for. That sputtering sound has me thinking not so good either I think you're right.

Seems like this is the longest thread of this forum :) But I think most of the users here don't really bother themselves with giving reputation. I am happy myself with answering some questions if I know the answer ... and for the little green boxes I can just buy a few square green LEDs, connect them to a microcontroller (like PIC) - well that's an idea for a project, maybe I'll build a pocket reputation display with USB interface, just connect PIC18F4550 and a few square green LEDs (or maybe also some red ones ???)

Well maybe I will not build this one, just a suggestion for a project for someone if he is really bored :))))))

Petr

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back