Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Reporting bugs in the new siteware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully this can be fixed.
Regards,
tvtech

It is a change, but I don't agree it is a problem.

Speaking only for myself, I am put off by sites that are indexed, but when you try to read the whole subject (i.e., look at attachments) you have to register and give personal information. My first impression from such sites is that they are in the business of selling that information. I generally go somewhere else and don't register. Assuming the site allows access to posts for nonmembers, I can't think of a credible reason not to allow access the attachments as well. (That applies to sites like ETO. There are sites that have proprietary or copyright-protected information where an index is available, but the full report is not. IEEE Proceedings is one example. But, that is not a forum like ETO.)

On the other hand, if the attachments had been available, I might have been impressed enough to join the site and try to contribute my share.

John

Update to my earlier post, about Spectrum Analyzer for sale on the main page.

I did a search on the last posters name and found the Thread. It was from 2009.

A Dead Thread file.

hi EM,
Members are reporting being logged out of the Chat line, showing 'Invalid IP address'

Errors such as "(13:01:58) ElectroBot: Mike2545 has been logged out (Timeout)."
(12:46:35) ElectroBot: 3v0 has been logged out (Invalid IP address).
12:59:49) ElectroBot: dsc logs into the Chat.
(13:00:42) ElectroBot: dsc has been logged out (Invalid IP address).

Eric

The chat link on the ETO page worked for me a few minutes ago. I did send a one word "test" message. I did close chat, but was logged in to ETO.

The link you provided resulted in a "You are not logged in error".

Hi,

Just a quick note...

When a new topic is created the title text gets converted to lower case except for the first character as in the attempt:
"The Good, the Bad, and the Windows 7"

which got auto changed into:
"The good, the bad, and the windows 7"

Is this a recent thing because i see other titles that do have caps in other places other than the first char.

Obviously some things in the title should remain capitalized such as proper nouns so it should not be decided by software but by the thread creator.

When a new topic is created the title text gets converted to lower case except for the first character as in the attempt:

Resolved. There was a setting that was auto changing the title case. I've turned this off.

When opening a thread it always goes to the bottom of the page.

What browser are you using Brevor?

Latex is not working like it used to. There are two links to it, but neither works like the very nice editor you developed for the old site. Win7/Chrome.

John

Enhancement request:

When revisiting a thread that I have posted to (or visited before), it sure would be nice if there was a link to the latest posting. If I go back to an old thread, and there has been a new posting, I get the option of going to the first unread post, but it would be nice to be able to go to the latest post in the event there are no new ones...

Mike:

Some of the inconsistent behavior I see, might be related to whether you are logged in or logged out at the time of the re-direct.

I would like to say, that I THINK I'm being directed to the right post if I'm logged in. Just not sure.

there are cases like:
1.Not logged in/ Not logged din
2. Are there or are their not posts after you visited with a link.

Remember, if you visit with a link, and your not logged in, where are you software wise? The visit really won't be counted.

Now what happens when you visit a link from email and then log in?

I haven't put a handle on the wierdness. Just realized that there are multiple conditions.

I do see "Go to First Unread", but never used it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back