Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Reply posting problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrAl

Most Helpful Member
Hi,

Having some problems lately with posting replies.

After quoting, sometimes it tells me "the message is too short" error, even if the message is several lines long that i typed PLUS the quote itself.

The 'Advanced' button doesnt work right when editing.

Mozilla 3.6 browser.

hi Al,
I also have this problem for a few days and I sometimes cannot attach an image when trying to edit a post.

Last edited:
After quoting, sometimes it tells me "the message is too short" error, even if the message is several lines long that i typed PLUS the quote itself.

Can you give me an example of the text you placed? I am wondering if there are any special characters in your reply?

The 'Advanced' button doesnt work right when editing.

Does any error show up? Does the page simply not do anything when you click it? Does it happen every time?

Hi there ET,

Im not sure about #1 above, but yes #2 nothing happens when you click "advanced", and yes every time. It doesnt happen if i go to post something and click advanced, only after i have already posted something and say forgot to attach the photo, then i click 'edit' and then 'advanced' and when i click 'advanced' the little progress bar appears in the lower right hand corner but nothing happens even if i wait a considerable amount of time.
I'll try it again right now right after i post this...

Ok tried it again and it still doesnt work. What happens is the little progress bar shows up after clicking "edit" and then when i click "Go Advanced" it doesnt do anything at all. Hot button tracking works and so does the focus dotted rectangle, but it appears that there is no event procedure tied to that button anymore. "Save" still works though, havent tried "Cancel" yet.
Ok tried "Cancel" and that still works ok, so it's just the "Go Advanced" button but only AFTER and "Edit".

Last edited:
I use IE9 and I also had the error "reply is too short" when I made a few Quick Replies with plenty of text today.

A normal Long Reply works perfectly.

I use IE9 and I also had the error "reply is too short" when I made a few Quick Replies with plenty of text today.

A normal Long Reply works perfectly.

Hi again,

Yes, i've had that problem too audioguru.

Mine happens only after i quote someone elses message first. I can then type a huge reply only to have it lost when i hit the Post button, because i get that error too, "message is too short" or something like that, and when i hit the back button on the browser the post is totally gone so i have to type it over again.

I just tried it with this message however and it worked this time.

"Go Advanced" after "Edit" still doesnt work however.

Last edited:
Do any of your posts have the code tags in them? Even in the quoted area?

I'm going to disable the plugin for a while which colors the syntax as it's the most likely cause.

No i dont think so. I just did it with this reply and the Go Advanced still doesnt work, but posting with a QUOTE does seem to work now.

Code:
testing, one
two
three
four
five

Last edited:
Still having a problem with Go Advanced today, only after an Edit.

Hello again,

Still having a problem with the Quoted text reply too, maybe when it has an attached link inside the original post.

hi,
I cannot 'Go Advanced', so that I can add attachments, from an Editing reply

Also the 'Reply with Quote' dosn't carry the quote forward into the new text box.

One minute ago in another thread I made a Reply With quote and got the error that the message was too short but it had two or three fairly long sentences. Then the same thing happened with a different message and a Short Reply. So I typed another different message and the post worked but it had my second message. I use IE9 as a browser.

This was is a Quick Reply. It also gave the error so I had to copy it into the blank box (which shows the error) called Your Message. Then I pressed Submit Reply.

Hello again,

EM:
Thanks much for fixing that "Go Advanced" problem. It seem to work nice now.

Still having a problem with the "Quote message" issue though, where we quote someone else's post and then type a fairly long reply UNDER their quoted text, then went we submit it it disappears and says "Message too short" or something like that. It wont accept it, and then the post is completely lost! Yikes @ ETOF :)

Here is a Quick Reply with many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many words to see if it gets the error "Too short" like last week.

Can we please confirm if the "Post to short" problem is fixed or still broken? I think it was the highlight mod for the code tag and have had it disabled for about 5 days now.

Here is a Quick Reply with a Quote that got an error last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back