Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Replacement Cell Phone Battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobW

A friend of mine needs a new battery for his Nokia Lumia 830. I told him I'd check to see if I could find one online. From reputable sellers they appear to be around $40 (including shipping), which seemed a bit high to me. But then, considering that this particular model was never sold in huge volumes, and that it's intended as a user replaceable battery (i.e., it has its own snazzy little housing), then maybe it's not surprising.

One other thing that I was wondering about: Do these batteries have security chips built-in, so that the phone can check to see if an authentic Nokia battery? It seems that this is fairly commonplace nowadays, so that companies can charge much more than a battery is really worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back