Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Repairing Sagem Fast 2804 Router

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr_Max

Hi everyone

I have a Sagem router, it wasn't powering up properly 2 Leds were blinking fast in Red every time I try to turn it on
After checking the Pcb I found out that when I put my finger on that area over the resistor in the red rectangle, the router powers up normally
and IC SP8K4 gets very hot to touch, when I touch it again the router goes back to the problematic state & the two red leds blink again.
I though it's a dry solder for the resistor and tried re-soldering it, but it didn't make a difference, it only responds when touched by the tip of my finger
or when I connect multimeter leads to it's both ends, I tried (without soldering) connecting a 2.2K ohm resistor in parallel the mentioned resistor but now the router failed no leds are blinking and IC ISL6445 gets very hot

Sagem_Failure.jpg Sagem_Failure_2.jpg

I can see what looks like a splash of solder shorting out the two right hand pins of IC SP8K4. Also measure the resistance of the resistor in the red rectangle. I think it is 850 ohms.

Les.

Thanks a lot for your reply, I removed the splash, the Resistance measures 1.4K ohm the same reading before and after the current problem.
Still IC ISL6445 gets too hot to touch !

Attachments

• Sagem.jpg
    Sagem.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 243
Put a 12 Volts computer cooling fan underneath the router. that will keep the router a lot cooler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back