Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Repairing amplifier, help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
figures, of course company wants to keep business rolling, not some guy to repair products :D ok, ill try to clean the glue, ill keep you up in date in progress :)

output should read within a hundred MILLIvolts of zero. with -40V on it, and you said hum volume decreased after a few minutes, i would say a shorted output stage AND a blown voice coil on the speaker. voice coils usually can't handle straight DC for more than a couple of seconds (at most).

are there then any way to repair this, or should i say to him to buy new one? :S

ok, well this was nice project, teached some things, thanks for your time and help :) but, why is the output voltage at speaker output so high? could you tell me if you can? :D

ok, well this was nice project, teached some things, thanks for your time and help :) but, why is the output voltage at speaker output so high? could you tell me if you can? :D

The amplifier has blown, this almost always place a high voltage (either negative or positive) on the output, as one of the output devices is S/C.

ah, now it makes sense :)

I would agree with Nigel... Fezder to carry out a simple test and if you have a working amplifier just check the o/p voltage on the speaker end with out speakers connected to it. the meter will show very low v readings.. even with cheap hifi amplifier will show low voltages... Over the years of servicing countless amplifiers I've came across blown power stages from power ic's to large transistor type's etc...

It takes time to carry out costly repair works and one mistake can blow high priced parts...:eek:.. I would say look up some circuits on amplifier building so you can get an idea of how the circuit works...

Most of us on here who service such audio equipment have spent more than a fare share of time/money repairing high end units and would say some low cost units are better scraped and replace it...

Let the old amplifier rest in peace so bury it.
It probably had a long life.
Buy a new one that might be even better.

yeah, its probaldy for the best, R.I.P amp....if he doesnt want it back, i take what i can out of it what seems to be in good shape :)
thanks for your time :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back