1. Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.
    Dismiss Notice

Repair a KRK 10s Subwoofer - parts id

Discussion in 'Repairing Electronics' started by chinjazz, Nov 9, 2016.

1. chinjazz

chinjazz Member

Hi GromTag,

I had a few minutes today to take the sub-apart to inspect and take pics before too long.

I actually found where the next issues cropped up. In the area of the two big resistors (you had me check this area before).

Here's the location (old pic):

5W_ResistorAtQ443_2.jpg

And now the resistors that look blown or corroded moreso than before:

1.jpg

Above you can see that it got hot on there because before it was gobbed over with black junk (now it's melted off).

1b.jpg

This big white resistor is loose, and I think it's in need of removal/inspection.. LOL

2.jpg

Above is the 2nd white resistor.. Looks like it might have been next to melt.. Not so sure...

2b.jpg

The old area that I replaced all the parts on, looks good:

OldIssue.jpg

So there's the last bit of imagry after Defcon 5... haha

2. GromTag

GromTag Active Member

If that is corrosion under the glue at those parts, then the whole board might have issues that can continue even with repairs (unless the whole board is refit). The heated part looks to be a glass diode possibly another IN4148 next to the large resistor. D707? might be an Z for Zener type.

3. chinjazz

chinjazz Member

Yes, I understand that this could be a fruitless excercise now. Was interesting and I picked up some good tips along by the way, thanks!