Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Rep Buttons

Status
Not open for further replies.
The buttons are a good addition.

KISS said:
agree=5 like=4 informative=3 funny=2 disagree=1 dislike=0

This has me thinking on could assign values to buttons and use the sum of all earned buttons to assign the thread an overall value.

agree=+2 like=+1 informative=+1 funny+1 dislike=-1 disagree=-2
or
like=+2 agree=+1 informative=+1 funny+1 disagree=-1 dislike=-2​

I see informative and funny as modifiers. One can agree, like, dislike, or disagree with a post and also find it funny and/or informative.

there you go ;) always happy to help :d

Why can I not see if someone likes my post? I cant see my own rating.
If you are logged in, you can see any like/dislike/informative/funny/thanks/agree/disagree beneath your post and you are able to click on the blue 'list' to the right, to see who has responded.
If the bottom pane is blank, nobody has rated your post.
To review your total number of ratings, based upon your past posts, click your username near the top-right of the ETO menu bar, then click 'Ratings Received'.
Regards.

I must comment on the buttons, for over a week now I been able to fully use them. I feel they are a perfect addition to the site; they were needed.

I'm noticing in some "Threads" members I find I want to agree with or if I like etc. I just hit a button. That member has said it all, no need for an additional comments supporting the obvious, and clean "Threads" become the net result.

Thank you, EM. I like the new additions. :)

Last edited:
After my first negative post on the "like", etc. buttons, I will have to recant.

EM, your new system is aces. It's much more expansive and it is nice to be able to see who had appraised one's post. The feedback, regardless of its "flavor" is a welcome addition to the "open-ness" of the forum.

Some time ago I realized that in the last years, most of the times I thanked people for replying and/or for helpful replies but did not click in whatever buttons were available.

Have to get used to do that besides putting it in writing.

At first, I had my doubts and thought it might have been a bit 'Facebook-ish', but I have to agree that this implementation is much more useful.

3v0

Assigning values based on a "scale", I think would make a pretty good basis for a rating system, i.e. the bar system.
The order I selected was to give it scale in which point values could be assigned.

I expected someone to pick up on it. Good job!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back