Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

refresh and speed problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope. Not I.

Today is July 30 and it took a few minutes for this site to load ("Website found, waiting and waiting and waiting for a reply"). One timer bar, ..... two timer bars .... three timer bars, etc. A bad server??

Same day, no problems here.

I must say that overall, this is one of the most problem-free (and fastest loading) web sites of those that I frequent. Y'all must be doing something right ...

Today it loads slowly. In the last few weeks it usually loaded extremely fast.

July 30. I usually keep myself logged in, so I haven't had any problems with the login. It has been taking a little while for my screen to change, but I have a slow connection too (not to mention a laptop that is ten years old). I don't think it's a problem with ETO, though ;)
Der Strom

Today this site loads in 5 seconds. Last week and before it loaded immediately like most other websites.
Today my Global Speed Test (download) shows 4.73Mbps like always.

ETO has been taking longer to load, today it was 10 seconds to get the main page.
Other sites are loading almost immediately.

Hi,

If you are having issues connecting to the site please post your problem in this thread. I'm always very keen to resolve such problems as I know how frustrating a slow web site can be.

Here is a guide that will show you some basics when tracking down speed issues, remember the more info you give me the more likely I can resolve your issue.

Chrome:
1. Press CTRL+SHIFT+I.
2. Click Network Tab.
5. Press CTRL-F5.

FireFox:
1. Install FireBug addon by visiting https://getfirebug.com/ or simply click firebug-1.7.3.xpi
2. Press CTRL-F12.
3. Click Net tab.
5. Press CTRL-F5.

Internet Explorer (8+):
1. Press F12.
2. Click Network Tab.
2. Click Start Capturing.
5. Press CTRL-F5.

You should now see the web page refresh and show the timeline of how long each page item takes to load. Something will be causing a delay and it should be clear what it is. Screenshot it or write a reply with the details.

When reporting speed issues please include your Browser, Operating System and type of internet connection (I.E. Internet Explorer, Windows XP, ADSL).

Could be an Internet backbone issue in specific locations, they happen all the time. Just to re-iterate I'm here pretty much every day two or three times, and it's always fast.

hi EM,
Tried the firebug xpi,,, I get an error message, 'Program not compatible with Firefox 6' [ two attempts]

Win XP Pro, Firefox 6.

hi EM.
That version installed OK, will tweak the settings later.
Many thanks.

hi EM,
Tried the firebug, it didn't help with ETO, in fact it made some other programs much slower also I kept getting 'survey' pop ups.

Attempted to remove it from my PC, I had to resort to a web search for a solution, all the usual options didn't work.
Finally got this link and followed the remove extensions instructions, ok.

https://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Uninstalling add-ons#How_to_uninstall_extensions_and_themes

i have a slow connection at the best of time and currently i only pull 680kbs so i exspect slowish loading but today took me 45 seconds to get the page loaded, i have just read the firefox exstention and will try it. apart from that what i have noticed is the slow bits are when it says in the lower left of firefox connecting to i.static-eto.com and a few others like that.
i havnt been on much as at times i get constantly timed out loading pages.
maybe when my ip profile goes back upto the 1meg mark i will not notice the loaings times as much. i wilol try and post a screen shot from firebug

this was realy realy painful to load to post theese! way worse than the 5+ mins theese shots show! i cant use the site at present but will pop back once in a while to see if i can load it. it wont let me load the imkage 3 but theese others should give you an idea

Attachments

• firebug1.gif
    firebug1.gif
    64.4 KB · Views: 259
  • firebug2.gif
    firebug2.gif
    77.3 KB · Views: 258
  • firebug4.gif
    firebug4.gif
    32.4 KB · Views: 261
Eric, sorry that didnt work. It's a very popular extension and shouldn't be causing problems..

Ghostman11, very interesting. It seems you are having trouble connecting to i.eto-static.com domain which is where all the images are hosted. Try loading an individual item like **broken link removed** with firebug running. And then try it with any virus protection or firewalls disabled. This to me does not seem like a server issue.

well just a quick update and some more info. i dont have firewall or anti virus on this laptop. i loaded a single image as susgested with no problems, i dont get any problems on any other site so far.
BUT.....i do use firefox and i do have a couple of exstentions like firebug and fireshot, firefox updated recently and the problems seem to be getting worse.i have used it for years but i am starting to go off firefox its getting bloated and resource hungry, anyway to cut a long storey short i used I.E to connect just now (i absolutely hate IE!!!!) and it loaded quick as a flash!! so looks like its my firefox thats got a problem with ETO. so for now untill i can solve it i will use microcrap IE to connect here, or i might go back to opera again.
strange tho how its just here and only the pics folder!! even more strange that IE dosnt have the same problem and loads straight away. thanks anyway chaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back