Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Reducing Interference using woven mains power cables

Status
Not open for further replies.

steevo

Hi every one, I am not sure if this is the correct forum to ask my question but here
goes. There are a range of power cables from a site called Russandrew that he claims to be able to filter out radio frequencies and has produced a report with graphs backing up
his claim. I was wondering if some here know enough about RF to confirm if the graphs
in his report and technical evidience is correct and true or if something else is going on
with repspect to what he has observed. If it is true that his cables can have this effect
on the RF in his report then i will buy one of his cables.

Advertising deleted - moderator.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is true that ferrite rings cand clamps an be added to a cable to reduce conducted RF, both into and out from electronic equipment.

However, these cables on sale in the link are just an expensive rip-off.
One cable was priced at £1250, you must be joking!

Unless you have some severe problems with RF entering your equipment, dont bother.

If you do have problems, there are more effective solutions at a fraction of the price.

JimB

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back