Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Recover photos from the SD Card which got Wet due to the accidental drop of the camera in Beach Wate

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarcyCptrx

During my recent Family vacation trip, I used my Canon Powershot SD 500 camera with Kingston SD 2GB card to take almost 350 memorable pictures of my family. Unfortunatley we dropped the camera in the Beach water accidently. I tried to salvage the pictures from the SD Card by following the various suggestion on this experts exchange forum like CardRecovery, RecovermyFiles, PhotoRescue and Testdisk6.11.3, Vaiosoft Recovery. But nothing worked to recover my files. They are giving Read Error or showing 0 RAW files to recover. Some programs indicated that the Scanned sectors and Bad sectors as same, which indicates that my SD card is toasted!! Is there any iota of hope in retrieving these photos.
I am prepared to spend money to buy the software if it can retrieve my photos. Any suggestions are HIGHLY appreciated as I am desperate to get the photos back for my kids.

Any other options or ideas are welcome. If some purists believe that I have no chance then I will accept my goofs with dignity and walk away......

hi D,
How long was the sea water left on the SD card.?
With sea water damage its important to flush out the salt with warm lightly soaped water, then distilled water.
Any salt present will quickly corrode any metallic parts of the electronics, also its hygroscopic and will become conductive if damp.

E

EDIT:
What is your location.?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back