Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Recommend me a good textbook on electronics design & manufacturing

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmyguo3o

Can you recommend me a good textbook on electronics design & manufacturing? One that's written well, covers the general concepts of design & manufacturing as applied to electronics, and explains the sub-topics (e.g. PCB design and manufacturing) in sufficient detail. It need not be very new, late 2000s is fine. I need the book for further self-education as a technical translator.

i suppose you mean all the little things like not putting surface mount ceramic capacitors aligned with the long axis of a pcb because when the pcb bends it may crack the ceramic capacitor....and not using acid based silicon material near electronic components because it can degrade them....and using conformal coating if the pcb may get damp...and using cutouts to get increased clearance when you dont otherwise have the space to do so......i have never seen a book that summaraises all that stuff, but i suppose there must be one somewhere, if i find it i will get back

To clarify, I'm totally prepared to pay for either a paper or an electronic book and have it shipped to me if necessary, so it doesn't need to be something that's available online for free. This is an investment for me.

If you find such a book please post the name of it here in the forum. I'm a self taught beginner in electronics and have bought over 50 books, and have found none that has what you and I are looking for. They all go from the very basic stuff into highly technical, nothing step by step.

The one that comes closest so far, is Practical Electronics for Inventors. But it is still lacking.
https://www.amazon.com/Practical-Electronics-Inventors-Third-Scherz/dp/0071771336

I searched long and hard for something like this, the problem is the subject is huge. Different PCB designs need different designs, RF design is worlds away from general boards etc, I found video tutorials about the best way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back