Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Rechargeable battery connector - like in your cordless phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich D.

I can't find these little 1/10" (2.54mm) connectors to save my life. They are the little 2-pin, 1/10" connectors you find on rechargeable LiPo batteries like I've seen used in cordless phones and walkie-talkies. I'm looking for both the crimp connectors used on the actual batteries and the PCB part they plug into. Anybody have a source - or even know what they are called???

Sorry about the pix quality, that's the best I can do with this cheap phone camera.
IMG-20150421-00722 connector.jpg

Sorry, they are definitely not those Molex connectors. They look a bit different, and the ones in the link are not 0.1" or 2.5mm pitch.

By Golly I thinks those two are correct!!! They appear to be JST connectors, type XH (whatever those mean).
And it appears they can be had by the handfull or more for mere pennies each!
THANKS GUYS!

Ooohh! Just discovered these symbols: 56Ω, 220μF, 2πR, 212°F, √2, ΔT, ΔV, ±5% A geek can have a lot of fun with these!

Keep in mind new products use metric sizes. 2.5mm is almost 0.1" but not quite when searching.
Also new connectors are governed by patents so may not be second sourced.
Old styles can be second sourced.

Tony Stewart
Second Source Electronics
https://www.jst-mfg.com/product/pdf/eng/eXH.pdf

Ooohh! Just discovered these symbols: 56Ω, 220μF, 2πR, 212°F, √2, ΔT, ΔV, ±5% A geek can have a lot of fun with these!
What Symbols ?
µΩ±÷ΠΣφ×ΔΘΛ«»≦≧ΣΦΨαβχτγωεζηψ•θλξρσωκ²³½¼¾∑√∞∫©®°™≈≠≡Ξą

result of Ohm's Law© P=I²R = V²/R

another result
Stewart's Theorem© rated Diode Power * ESR ≈ 1 WΩ @ 25 deg. C ( I found this to be true )

I find that you don't have to worry about 1/10 mm, some spec 2.5mm, others 2.54mm, but in the real world if you are fitting parts to within 0.04mm you are just asking for trouble! (This of course assumes you are not stacking up a lot of 0.04mm offsets).

Thanks Rich, I was merely pointing out an assumption to finding the metric part. which would have the exact same interlocks which would never be found in a 0.1" part and if they did would unlikely fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back