Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

rear view camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

akramer08

I had an idea for a new project. I want to install a backup camera on car but I want to actually make it not buy it. It sounds like a simple project, but Im not incredibly familiar with electronics.

I want three cameras in my car; one pointing straight back, one to the left, and one to the right. I dont need anything to record, just a live view. If possible, I want all 3 images on one screen; either all in a horizontal row or in a pyramid. If all 3 on one screen is not possible, 3 screens is ok.

If anything I said isnt very clear just let me know and Ill see if I can explain my idea a little better. Thanks for any help in advance.

For my back up camera on my big truck:
I used a "board camera" because the price is good and the size is good. $20.00 US
Running the coax wire was hard but.....
In the cab I used a hand held TV from the second hand store. $5.00

I don't have a good way to get three pictures at the same tine. I do have a security TV system at home that will put 4 pictures up at the same time. $300.00 US for the box.

I have never seen a three way screen splitter.
I cant even find much DIY screen splitter info on the web.

It may be possible to get a 3 way picture using a raspberry pie computer and three USB cameras.
I think the picture update rate will be SLOW. Maybe 5 frames/second. Might not look good with all the motion of a car.
Set the cameras for low resolution!

raspberry pie= not a simple project.

If its not very common to see 3 images on 1 screen, Im very open to using 3 smaller screen, each just running a live view of the dedicated cameras.

To get 3 pictures in one you need some real computing power.
raspberry pie
This can not be done with simple analog circuits.

Whats the easiest way to get just one lcd and a live feed from the lens? Would it be best to use an arduino?
One camera: You don't need to go digital for one camera.
and
I don't see the arduino is big enough to process video. There are many different sizes of arduino.
I used a "board camera" because the price is good and the size is good. $20.00 US
Running the coax wire was hard but.....
In the cab I used a hand held TV from the second hand store. $5.00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back