Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Re-winded bldc motor (RC) not spinning

Status
Not open for further replies.

polashd

I’ve re-winded a (RC plane) bldc motor (1800KV, 12 pole, 16 magnets) with 26AWG wire 13 turns on each stator.

Before re-winding the motor was ok.

Now it doesn’t spin. Initialization with esc (and PWM) done properly (the tones of settings are as it should be).

But when I try to actually run the motor, it just shakes with high frequency beeps for few seconds and stops (seems it’s getting signal from ESC & trying to spin but can’t for some reason).

I’m using MCU (Atmega32) PWM signal (duty cycle controlled by a Pot(VR).

info: ESC(20A, non-branded) and Lipo battery(2s, Mystery 2800mAh).

Can anyone please help me?

note: I'm not using any remote control
Before re-winding it was delta now I re-winded it as star configaration.

Last edited:
Doesn't "Star" use a different controller configuration than "Delta"? Always thought 'star' was a single winding on and a 'delta' was a two winding on configuration.

Doesn't "Star" use a different controller configuration than "Delta"? Always thought 'star' was a single winding on and a 'delta' was a two winding on configuration.

No. Switching from star to delta gives you different speed/torque line. Delta gives you more torque and less speed. Star gives you more speed and less torque. That is practically the only difference.

Sorry got it mixed up, my bad.

polashd, when you were rewinding, did you wind all of the poles the same? All clockwise or all counterclockwise ? If a coil is wound wrong in the direction, it would make the motor fight it's self when trying to turn.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back